What a whacky conference we belong to

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Just a few weeks ago Stanford dominated UW.  Last night they get killed by a bad UCLA team.  This is the same UCLA team that was dominated 12 days ago by Oregon State in the Rose Bowl.  ASU was beaten by a bad CU team, but beats Cal on the road.  A bad BYU team beats USC who then beats us.

I am confused about who in our conference is good and who is bad.  After watching UCLA against OSU, I assumed they would not win another game this season.  They not only won last night but trashed Stanford.  Stanford ended up with under 200 yards total offense.  This same team gave up over 700 yards to WSU and 48 points to OSU.

We need to stay focused tomorrow and take it to the Devils.  We cannot take anything for granted in this bi-polar conference.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The two best teams are Utah and Oregon. We were NOT ready for USC.  Our non-conference schedule did NOT help us.  Jumping from Idaho State to the most critical Pac-12 south game, against a team of 5* players really hurt us. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree 100%. I posted this on another board, but we don’t play every team the same. Look at Ohio State. They throw the ball 22-25 times a game, no matter who they play. They play the same every week. 

Whitt plays his friends too often and doesn’t want to embarrass them. So, what do you get? Huntley throwing the ball 15-18 times a game then suddenly it’s 30 times vs USC. 

You almost double his workload. That is tough. 

Play the same every week. If you beat BYU and ISU by 50, then so be it. But then you are ready to beat USC. 

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Not the same Stanford team given all the injuries.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Yeah, I heard they only have 6 healthy OL and 4 are freshman. Plus they are down to the 3rd string qb

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I agree with you about how crazy the PAC-12 has been, but its important to look at context here.

Stanford was down to their third string QB against UCLA last night and is absolutely decimated in other key positions.

ASU beat Cal on the road after Cal’s starting QB got hurt. I think that game ends differently otherwise.

RUUTES
        Ute Fan
        @ruutes

Tells you how key depth is…and something’s up with QBs this year…it sure seems like more starting QBs are going down than normal. That being said…USC sucks and they show that they can both struggle on a down year and still be so damn deep their 3d stringer would start for almost anyone else.

I hate them so much. But that is part of life in the PAC12. We will cannibalize each other every year and I don’t see a way out of it. Parity comes at a cost.

AUtahManSir
          Ute Fan
          @autahmansir

Tells you how key depth is…and something’s up with QBs this year…it sure seems like more starting QBs are going down than normal. That being said…USC sucks and they show that they can both struggle on a down year and still be so damn deep their 3d stringer would start for almost anyone else.

I hate them so much. But that is part of life in the PAC12. We will cannibalize each other every year and I don’t see a way out of it. Parity comes at a cost.

My response…

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It is funny how we look at it that way. If Utah loses guys to injuries we never get the benefit of the doubt. Kind of a useless observation though.  

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

I look at it that way, irrespective which team it is. If We had Moss for the full game at USC, would we have done better/won…likely, but who knows. In the case of Stanford, more than half of the line and two QBs went down, that’s a lot. In the end, it doesn’t really matter. you either get it done or you don’t — injuries and other reasons would only have an impact in the future, not in the past.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I don’t feel like Utah lost because of Moss going down. Did it change the dynamic of the game?  Sure. SC was more about the extremely better WR talent. DBs that were not playing the ball. Terrible blocking in the interior line. Which could have been because the line hadn’t played together yet. Also because of the weak ass OOC schedule. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What a whacky conference we belong to