What do we know about Baylor?

Viewing 7 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The only thing I know is we will be in the same conference as them next year and they are in Waco, Texas.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

They have a great pre-game tradition of students running across the field.

https://studentgameday.web.baylor.edu/traditions

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Won’t be as big and fast as UF, but also won’t have multiple #3s on the field on a 4th and short that gifts us a first down. Aranda is a good coach. Their QB is a returning starter who has better career stats than Mertz.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

In Baylor’s wins last year, he never topped 250 yards and was limited to just 24 passing attempts per game.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Utah used to have a tradition of students trying to run the length of the field at halftime on Homecoming weekend and make it before being caught by security, but haven’t any attempts for a while now.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

They are going to have a more formidable run game than Florida. Two great running backs in Richard Reese and Dominic Richardson, a transfer from Oklahoma State. Their new Defensive Coordinator is from Oregon, Matt Powledge, so he’ll be familiar with the Utes’ offense. Like Florida, Baylor finished 2022 on a four game skid, including losing the Armed Forces Bowl to Air Force, but they get a cupcake game tomorrow against Texas State (line is Baylor -27.5 in 98 degree kickoff weather). Game is on ESPN+,

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Those of us used to watching everything on Dish or cable will need to get used to streaming. (I finally bought a smart TV earlier this year). 6 of this weekend’s games involving the Big12 are on ESPN+ (whereas every PAC12 game not on a regular network is picked up by PAC12 network).

TX_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @dleemiller

Shiplap! (Ask your wife or SO!)

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We know they couldn’t move the ball against BYU’s vaunted defense last season.

Actually, since I do not know anything about who they picked up in the portal and who is returning, I really don’t know much about them. They do appear to be a run-first team, which is good for us, especially if we get a few guys back.

If we were playing last year’s Baylor team – I would feel good about our chances without Rising at the helm. But, I just don’t know what to expect and we probably aren’t going to learn much tomorrow. I doubt they will open up their playbook against Texas State.

It does appear that it will be a very hot midday game. I wish this one was a night game, but oh well.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What do we know about Baylor?