What do we know about Northwestern?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Admittedly I don’t know a damn thing. I don’t even know what state or city they’re located in. What style team do they have? What are their strengths and weaknesses? What kind of game can we expect?

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Well, Allegiant has a roof so if we lose it’s not going to be in the rain like that miserable holiday bowl in 2018. Their MBA program is top 5.

TerryBerner
        Ute Fan
        @terryberner

Located in Evanston IL
        High academic rating
        North Chicago suburb

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

I don’t know a ton, but they’re only Northwest of the East Coast Bias nation (well, if you see the population line where 80% of the country lives [edge of the dust bowl – east], they are in the NW corner of that). There is Southwestern in TX, a Northeastern in Boston, and a Southeastern in FL. But Northwestern is the best known of the bi-directional schools and is quite good at academics.

Pat Fitzgerald was fired for not knowing but should have known hazing brought to light by players. The season should have been a bust, but they outperformed and went 7-5. Looks like they are a 200 yard passing, 100 yard rushing type of team. They gave up 190 yards passing, 160 yards rushing a game. We could exploit the run game with modest pass options. Lost convincingly to Rutgers, barely beat Howard 23-20, lost to Duke and Penn St as they should have, lost low scoring games to Neb and Iowa, but won their last three against Wisconsin, Purdue, and Ill (45-43). Alternated Losses and Wins until winning the last 3. They don’t score that much (23 pts a game), but that’s kind of typical for middle B1G teams.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Massey rates us 16th with sos of 23 — Northwestern is 51st with a sos of 53

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

That was before seemingly half the Utah team decided to go play somewhere else or sit out.

BungalowUte
      Ute Fan
      @bungalowute

They have the 82nd ranked defense according to NCAA.com. On paper, this is a good matchup for Utah. If Utah can run the ball well. Then I like their chances to win. Good thing it won’t rain this time.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What do we know about Northwestern?