What does it do to our QB room if Rising comes back?

Viewing 4 reply threads
      3 2

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I can’t imagine Johnson and Rose are going to want to sit on the bench for another year. Does Barnes transfer or is he ok being the backup? Quite the dilemma.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I don’t see Barnes going anywhere. He seems like a different breed.

Johnson could transfer, but I’m not sure we lose much if that happens. While he’s a talented athlete, it seems unlikely he will ever be “the guy”. And I feel similarly about Rose, although, in Rose’s defense he hasn’t had the same opportunities Johnson had.

What Utah really needs to do is to try and get another young guy like Isaac Wilson, so we increase our odds that someone is going to pan out. We can’t put all our eggs into one basket.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

First, we need to see how this season goes. If Rising is truly committed to coming back, this is what I see.

If Barnes ends strong, he goes to another team like a MWC team where he may have a chance to shine. But, he seems like a loyal Ute.

I would try to convince Johns to change positions, probably WR. He has great speed and size and might make a good WR.

I think Rose stays and develops in the off-season. If we have learned anything from this injury-riddled season – it’s that the two deep can change in a heartbeat. (But, honestly, I do not know anything about Rose and how he feels.)

Wilson comes in and gets healthy, learns the system, and competes in 2025 for a starting position. I have watched him play multiple times and I think he has “it”.

However, I am far from sure that Rising returns.

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

My guess is that NJ transfers whether Rising returns or not.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Where’s Barnes going to go? Unlike the majority of these guys, he’s really at Utah to get an education and playing football is just a plus.

If Johnson transfers he’ll be just like Jason Shelley and we’ll never hear from him again. It wouldn’t really be a wise move on his part because, based on his body of work, what P5 program would take him as a QB? I know I wouldn’t.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What does it do to our QB room if Rising comes back?