What to expect?

Viewing 5 reply threads

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

I’m guessing that tomorrow’s game will be closer than many are expecting or hoping for. With so many new players and the new offensive scheme, I’m expecting numerous miscues. I could also see UND capitalizing on some missed assignments in our inexperienced secondary.

We do have an extremely athletic team so I’m also hoping to see more explosive plays, but I think we need to be realistic that it will take some time for us to gel as a team. Also, Whitt doesn’t blow away teams very often. Last year we beat Southern Utah 24-0 and I think UND is better than SUU. I would love to see something like 49-7, but my brain tells me 31-13 is more realistic and I think we won’t pull away until the end of the 3rd or early 4th quarter.

Looking forward to seeing what this team is capable of.

Go Utes!

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I would not be surprised to see this at all. North Dakota is a good, disciplined football team.

You’re right, we don’t typically blow teams out, but I think thats mainly been due to our offense more than anything. We’ve had a very pedestrian offense for the last 6 years. Not only that but our offense was conservative to begin with. It wouldn’t take much pulling on the reins to make our team sputter. That will not be our offensive identity under Troy Taylor

I would not be surprised to see Utah score in bunches either. I think Troy Taylor is going to want to open it up and get players adjusted to the offense BEFORE we play the more dfficult part of our schedule.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

You want to see Huntley get in a rhythm. You want to see him have success. Accurate throws, quick decisions. I think Carrington and Nacua dominate tomorrow. It wouldn’t surprise me if they each have over 100 yards receiving. 

We don’t realize how great those two are. Carrington is maybe our best WR ever outside of Josh Gordon. Nacua can be as good as anyone. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Turnover differential and pass completion percentage will dictate if it’s a blowout or an upset. I don’t think they’ll get more than 24 points but it could be more if we aren’t ready. If the O shows up like we hope and our corners aren’t just hype we will crush them.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I don’t see them getting 10 points, unless Huntley throws multiple pick sixes. 

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

Anywhere from 0-17 wouldn’t surprise me. I’d be shocked if they score more than 20.

For comparison NDSU is probably a similar or better team to North Dakota and they only managed to score 23 points in their win vs Iowa.

North Dakota scored 26 points in a loss against Bowling Green last year.

I just don’t see them scoring on this Utah defense unless given a short field or forcing turnovers.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think ND is better than most fans expect.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

It’s the first game of the year. That means one thing is pretty much damn guaranteed:

Drive-killing penalties

That will limit our offensive production. I don’t expect ND to have as many penalties since they return almost everyone and they’re not installing a new offense.

That said, we have playmakers on the team of the likes that ND won’t see the rest of the year. We will gash them for some big plays.

24-14 or something like that.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Drunk on the koolaid version of me says 45-13. Debbie Downer side, jaded by experience, says 28-10.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What to expect?