What’s Your 2016 Most Painful Utah Football Moment?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks to @ladyinred for the great topic idea. What’s your most painful moment of 2016 in football? (Don’t worry, best moment coming up in another topic).

For me I’d have to say the last second Oregon TD catch to beat us at home. I was in Morocco watching in my hotel and almost destroyed the place.  Failing to punch it in on the goal line in the Cal game was a close 2nd.

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

For sure the Oregon game. I felt so confident this year we weren’t going to have another November meltdown. I had a trip lined up with my sister to go stay with some of her friends in the Bay area to go to the title game had they won the South. The O-line was getting better every game, Joe Williams was playing like a P12 POY candidate, Tim Patrick and Lowell were getting closer to 100%, I thought we were setup to smoke Oregon at home and go on the road and beat Colorado. This November felt so different than the collapses of the previous years when injuries were piling up and we were playing our worst football of the year. It felt like we were peaking at the right time. Such a shame.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Pains me to give you a thumbs up on such depressing plays, but, yeah, I agree. Trust you enjoyed the Marrakesh Express.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

The goal line failure at Cal. To have that many opportunities and not punch it in against that defense? Just gut wrenching. 

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

True frosh moment for moss that I’m sure eats at him all the time.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

For sure the cal game was the worst for me, also because it followed the amazing USC comeback game.

But another painful one was the Arizona game false start horror show, peak moment being the “so f**king fire me” from Harding to Whit. 

What an embarrassing public meltdown my 3yr old would be hard pressed to match.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Mine was also the Cal game, but a different play. 

I don’t remember if it was their opening drive, but I remember a long pass and touchdown early. It set the tone for the entire game and my stomach turned. 

I remember thinking, whoa, it’s only one score, but we are going to lose this game. 

Then at the end when we actually did lose, it hurt. But it didn’t make me as uncomfortable as that touchdown for some reason. Weird, I know. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s Your 2016 Most Painful Utah Football Moment?