When will the new Pac12 (err, Pac10) media deal be announced?

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

What, at this point, is holding it up? We know who the media players are (ESPN/ABC, Amazon, and possibly CBS). The value of the conference is known. Expansion candidates are known and surely have already been vetted for both fit and whether they are accretive or not (that is, if expansion is even on the table).

People say that Oregon and UW not wanting to sign a GOR is preventing a deal from being done. Well, what choice do they have? Big10 doesn’t want them, and they sure as hell aren’t going to the Big12.

Why isn’t there a deal?

3 4

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Perhaps, they are waiting to get the final agreements in place to add the two Montana schools?

1 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

mmmm…November games in Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

I’m 100% down with this idea.

1 6

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I hope I’m wrong but I still think the PAC is dead as a power conference. Once UW and Oregon bolt its over.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

If they bolted, it would absolutely be dead as a power conference. But, there’s nowhere for them to bolt to. They only have eyes for the Big10 and they weren’t invited. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Many things can happen. We’ll see how things turn out.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

This is why you don’t expand.  The Big Ten will decide when it is over so you might as well ride it out because there is no logical choice that adds value to the conference.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

There is zero rush to do a deal. None of the other conferences have a deal pending. Kliavkoff is taking his time, and that’s okay. He had to wait until the CA regents met to deal with the fate of UCLA. Now that’s done, then there’s literally nothing to do but entertain all offers and shop for the very best one.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Last I heard from Wilner he said he expected it mid January, but could also come later in the spring. As has already been said, there is no rush. No one is looking to the BIG 12. Their deal is garbage so no one is looking to jump ship. Kliavkov doesn’t need to worry about them. As far as UW and UO going to the BIG, it’s not happening this round of expansion. If so, it would have already happened. Word is (on Twitter so take it for what it’s worth) USC and UCLA don’t want UW or UO, so if anything, the BIG will be looking eastward. The ACC deal isn’t up for a long time. If this is true, the BIG is done for this round. Their main target is ND anyway and they have a pretty sweet deal and get to remain independent.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football When will the new Pac12 (err, Pac10) media deal be announced?