Which players are you most excited to watch tonight from our game?

Viewing 4 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

There are several for me that stick out because there are a lot of unknowns about this team. Tons of potential, but not a lot of guys we have seen perform really well over many games.

#1 for me is the running backs. Any of them. I want to see them perform, I want to see how they differ from each other. I remmeber being so excited about Wilmore and to a lesser extent Brumfield, and both of them were very frustrating to watch at times, but also very different from each other, and it was obvious that Ty Jordan was sooooo much better than both of them. Bernard was much closer to being at Ty’s level than the other two. I’m looking forward to seeing who jumps out in front in this group. Sounds like it’ll be between Bernard and Pledger.

#2 Brewer… more specifically, I want to see who he throws the ball to. Who has he developed the strongest connections with? Will Solo FINALLY be appropriately utilized? Will he rely on Covey as a crutch like so many before him? Will he hit kuithe when he is wide open in the middle of the field, or throw it 20 yards past him multiple times in the same game?

#3 Bam. He was soooooo awful the last time he got significant minutes that I kind of want to see what all the hubub is about. If he hasn’t improved, it’ll be obvious, because I don’t think he was really even capable of blocking FCS players when he first arrived on scene. Conversely, if he has improved, it will also be easy to see, even though we are playing against far inferior competition.

#4 Van Fillinger (and Carlton as well). With Tupai out of the way, do we finally have someone that can step in and fill the shoes of Anae?

#5 The other safety, the guy from washington no? I want to see how he is able to anticipate what the other team is about to do. Hansen and Blair were great at this. Nate Ritchie seemed like he was on the right track, but was a half step behind the offense most of the time (to be expected for a true freshman not named Eric Weddle).

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

I’m excited to watch Phillips this year. I think he will have a breakout year. 🙂

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

All paths to glory go through the QB, Brewer then everyone else. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Gonna watch that Oline. Weber state should not get a sack. Is that too high of an expectation? I don’t think so. Jay Hill’s bread and butter is his defense so that should be the best prepared unit.

Brewer. Does he have time? Does he work through progressions. Timely throws being made. I want to see it all. We won’t see much of the offense but I wouldn’t mind seeing a deep ball.

RB. The hole left in the team losing Jordan. Emotionally this group has a lot on its plate. More so then the rest of the team. Jordan was so dynamic and amazing. I really saw a chance at a Heisman in that kid.

Excited for game day. I also don’t want to see Weber St cross the fifty. I want focus and clear dominance from this defense. They are young but seasoned inside the program.

NO INJURIES!!!

GO UTES!!!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

All the portal guys, Ethan, Bishop – mostly the new faces.  With the depth, I will be expecting the punt and kickoff cover teams to be very effective.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Which players are you most excited to watch tonight from our game?