Why isn’t Solomon Enis targeted more?

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 1

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

This guy seems to catch everything. Kind of reminds me of Carrington, strong hands and makes great adjustments to catch the ball.  His mom is very engaged on twitter and she mentioned (in a very benign way) that he doesn’t seem to be getting enough touches. I agree with her.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

And why did the RES announcer pronounce his name wrong?

2 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

What does he do after he is targeted? He has a real problem going north and south. Covey and Dixon are the best wideouts on the team. Even with the risks Covey sometimes makes he is more valuable than ten Enis’.
      That sweep play Enis ran against NIU was super awkward. I also don’t want to blame him for this because I think it was Thompson but he caught the ball and ran towards his defenders help. Just a few observations of mine. Kuithe manages to get left alone a lot more than him to.

COUte
        Ute Fan
        @coute

You spelled “Thompson is the best receiver on the team” wrong.

4 2

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Thompson makes some mistakes to. I think Dixon and Simpkins have been targeted the most. But good hell there have been what 60 pass attempts total? Send your kid to an Air RAID if you want targets.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
            Ute Fan
            @mcastleton928

Thompson is the best deep threat yes. But I wouldn’t say he’s the best receiver.

2 19

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

ONE OTHER THING for Enis’ mom: shut the hell up helicopter parent. Utah throws the ball very little and hasn’t needed to throw the ball. Enter your son into the portal or get over it.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

This is a terrible take. His mom is not a helicopter parent and she has been amazingly supportive of Utah. She is simply advocating for her son, like any parent would. A lot of people are making the same observation, so it’s not just her.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

No matter the support if you take anything from the first three games other than Utah did what it takes to win you are a moron. So yes if she takes from the first three games that her son needs more targets she is a moron. I am fired up by this because I invest time in watching the games repeatedly. Utah hasn’t done S**T offensively and to measure any sort of criticism is idiotic.

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

LOL, this is sports. There is always going to be criticism, so you probably shouldn’t get so worked up over people that have different opinions than you.

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

Pretty sure we all invest time watching our team, stop being so dramatic.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

In addition to this I am just going to simply say parents who spout off things like this need to stop. This doesn’t help Ludwig. It doesn’t help Enis. It doesn’t help his mom and it really doesn’t help Utah as a team.
              It is becoming too common because obviously Enis’ mother has her sons own self interest in mind. Enis is a good player but I believe he has several things to work on. Knowing where the sticks are at and getting north and south being the first one I can think of.

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

Because we’re a run first offense and there aren’t a ton of targets to go around. Who should get less? Thompson? Kuithe? Covey?

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Maybe Kuithe after the horrendous drop he had in the BYU game.

COUte
          Ute Fan
          @coute

Did you not watch the game yesterday??

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

He dropped one prior to his TD reception. Right in the hands. Kuithe is take the great with the bad.

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

It’s hard for me to take anything away from games against FCS teams. It’s really easy to look all-world against bad competition.

Trailgoat
              Ute Fan
              @utahgoat

Regarding Kuthie…yeah, I find it entertaining how a kicker gets canned for missing a couple kicks yet a TE drops 1-2 passes every game and there is no accountability. I am sure it’s a depth situation where Kuthie in spite of his bad hands is still the best option. Agree, not putting a lot of stock on a wide-open pass play against FCS teams. Kuthie’s bad hands at some point will impact the outcome of a close game.

UteFanatic
                Ute Fan
                @utefanatic

Yeah, Kuithe has been good for us, but for some reason Ute fans think he is beyond reproach. I don’t get it. We skewered Siaosi Mariner for his drops, especially in the P12 championship game. I would rather give more reps to the recievers/TEs that don’t drop the balls, because like you said, it’s going to materially affect the outcome of an important close game if it persists.

alUmnUs
                  Ute Fan
                  @alumnus

Well if your best TE drops 50% balls, that’s telling.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Redding was technically the guy but fell behind because of injury. A missed PAT and a FG Whit has seen this before and went to Redding. Not a comparable situation in my mind.
                Kuithe has dropped a lot of passes. But it seems like a common thing in 2018 no matter your name sans Covey. Has been a problem for a long time at Utah.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Be patient – things will change as the season progresses. As we enter in the conference play Moss will get targeted more, creating more opportunities for the receivers.

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Without looking at the stats my guess is he was targeted as much as anyone on the team.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why isn’t Solomon Enis targeted more?