Why UW beat Oregon and can we do the same?

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

UW was able to beat Oregon because of their prolific passing attack.  Penix is an excellent QB that leads the nation in passing yards.  Oregon is one of the worst-ranked passing defenses.  Penix was able to exploit Oregon’s weakness.

Utah does not have the passing offense that UW has.  However, we have a better running game.  If Tavion is playing at his best and Cam can be a part of the running game – I think we can win.  We will use the running game to set up the passing game.  We can’t do what Penix did, that is not our offense.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

It was our offense against USC…

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

100% true. 

If we can play like we did on October 15th, I would be confident in our chances this Saturday.  However, the fact is – Cam has not played at the level since because of injury.  Can he play like he did against USC?  I don’t know and no one is really saying much.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah can do pretty much what they want on offense imo. Oregon isn’t great against the rush. They are not very good against the pass. Utah will be balance and expect a similar plan like it was against Stanford. I am not a fan when Utah comes out throwing. Seem to be better feeling them out. I also prefer early quick tempo to allow Rising to make plays. 

This will come down to who can get 1-2 stops and maybe scoring last wins. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why UW beat Oregon and can we do the same?