Wide receiver trainer for Utes

Viewing 7 reply threads
      5 2

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

Former BYU player Ross Apo on TwitterX

“Beyond grateful for @Utah_Football extending & trusting my expertise to train their guys🙏🏾”

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I don’t recall Apo being that great of a WR. Is he a good “coach”? What are his credentials?

3 1

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Those that can’t play, teach. Those that can’t teach, teach gym.

1 3

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Apo was never great at tspp! I always cringe when a former zoob joins the team or staff!

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Don’t forget both Kyle and Freddy are BYU alums. They’ve both turned out well I’d say.

1 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Meh… no clue if he knows how to train. He was a massive disappointment at TSPP, and IIRC he isn’t on good terms with them.

The only thing that would make this a good hire is if he has a good relationship with recruits we want that we otherwise wouldn’t be able to get.

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

I figured it is off-season news worthy to share. I have no comment, nor do I know about his training abilities.

4 3

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

And what were you all thinking watching enough BYU games to know whether Apo was good or not?

Utegator
      Ute Fan
      @utegator

So what I could find is that after his days at BYU he worked in real estate and started a WR training program called Miles_WR. could only find an instagram account:

https://www.instagram.com/mile_wr_training/?hl=en

seems like he credits himself for recruiting Carsen Ryan and Dorian singer to Utah. Theres also some inferences that he trained Puka as well.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I don’t think he’s on staff. From what I hear, teams are starting to use outside contractors to train the various position groups.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Yup. Like Skyler Mayne for NfL prep work, previously, or Tuni Kanuch for OL and DL training and Pro Tech Trenches, etc.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

that seems like a good idea assuming Apo knows what he is doing.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Ross Apo is a private WR Coach. He has not joined the Utah staff in any way shape or form. He has garnered a good reputation as a private WR Coach and makes more money as such which is why he has not joined any coaching staff anywhere

He has a bone to pick with byu because they haven’t recruited some of the kids he’s coached. He has sent them info on some good prospects and they have told him no thanks.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wide receiver trainer for Utes