Wonder why (not that much) Casey Hughes is leaving…

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

I had thought he would have a greater role next year. Wrong?

5 5

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Sidenote :  Greg Hughes is also leaving ….thank God

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Running for Governor. 

2 2

Anonymous
          Inactive

Perfect opportunity to break the republican stranglehold on this state.

TexanUte
            Ute Fan
            @texanute

What do you have against republicans? Just because they are generally science deniers whom think those born into wealth earned everything on their own and owe none of their success to those who came before, who are you to wish for a breaking of the republican stranglehold. Lets keep politics off this sports intensive site.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Just heard about this as well. Surprising to me. I also thought that he was probably going to get some good playing time next year.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Unfortunate, but it might be because we’re stacked at DB and crunched on scholarships. Similar to Jordan Fogal last year

Utah5410
        Ute Fan
        @utah5410

is their a source

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

This is 100% him knowing he won’t go to the NFL and sees a football scholarship as a means to achieve as much education as possible.

He’s already graduated with his Bachelors, and he wants to go get his Masters from a different institution.

At least, that’s my take.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Blackmon and Johnson will start next year.  Tyronne Smith (played above Hughes when healthy) and Guidry add depth.  Always injuries but you never know how that plays out.   Casey wants to play and probably deserves starting reps in a normal situation but as of today he’s a 2 at either spot and depending on development and player additions may be a 3.

I actually think Raelon is 50/50 at this point to do the same thing so we’ll see.  Bronson Boyd and Covey coming back next year along with a couple of potential signings next month and the wideout position continues to add ridiculous depth.   If he goes he’ll land in Texas at one of the Big 12 schools. Rae is an NFL talent without the work ethic to get there.  If he ever figured that out…man he could be good.  

Thompson and Boyd start outside next year IMO and I think Boyd will be our top wideout.  He’s that good. Singleton (if he stays), Hampton, Wilson and ? behind them.

Simpkins/Covey/Nacua inside…

Anonymous
          Inactive

Very interesting stuff. Could you break down the LB situation?

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

Best guess today:

First group – Bryant Pirtle – Jr., Cody Barton – Sr, Donovan Thompson – Jr, Chase Hansen – Sr

Then – Devin Lloyd, Karsen Lijenquist

Tennessee Pututau (90%), Andrew Mataafa, Sione Lund  (2 – 4 Stars and a 3 Star) coming in.

Wild cards:

Francis Bernard (I think he ends up at Wash St but will be interesting…still a slight chance at Utah) and Izaih Filititonga HS/TX.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Onlyu…. Anyone else you believe will leave ?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Not at the moment…Should be a good stretch of 4-6 years (min).  I think with Tuttle here now we haven’t seen a time (since Urban 2004) where offensive skill players really want to come to Utah.  Tough league but very close to having the depth at every position to have some special years.  Should be a lot of fun

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wonder why (not that much) Casey Hughes is leaving…