ASU attempt to block field goals

Viewing 3 reply threads

GiantUte
      Ute Fan
      @giantute

I noticed on the last two field goals that an ASU defender hurdled the line of scrimmage attempting to block the kick. I was under the impression that is illegal. I also noticed Coach Harding complaining to the refs after each field goal. I assume that is what his gripe was all about. Anybody have some insight into the legality of hurdling the line of scrimmage and whether or not that is what Coach Harding was complaining about?

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

From my understanding its perfectly legal. I’ve seen it done in the NFL before.

What isn’t legal is using your own players to help you get up and over.

I didn’t see anything wrong with what he did.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap3000000456396/Kam-Chancellor-leaps-to-block-two-field-goals

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

After the first one everybody in the stadium knew he would do it again. Wasn’t it about 4th and 4? They should have gone with a long count. He almost blocked the last one.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

NE blocked the last extra point attempt by Indi by hurdling the line tonight. The announcers said its legal as long as he didn’t touch any of the linemen???

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

You cant use the lineman as leverage

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ASU attempt to block field goals