Pics of the new turf

Viewing 17 reply threads

Dugway
      Ute Fan
      @dugway

I don’t understand doubling up the dark green at the 50 yard line, why not just continue the pattern and have it end in the dark green at the south end zone? Not enough contrast with the goal line? Doesn’t seem likely.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

LOOKS GOOD! Hopefully ‘new turf smell’ isnt too bad lol. I’m row 4 in the muss, so i guess I’ll find out.

joefan
        Ute Fan
        @joefan

I’m row 4 in the MUSS too! What section are you?

Anonymous
      Inactive

The alternating shades of green SUCKS.

radioUte
      Ute Fan
      @radioute

RSL did pay for new turf about 6 years ago. The current surface had a 14-year warranty but is failing in half the time, similar to many other FieldTurf fields across the country. So FieldTurf is replacing this surface at a discount rather than continuing to repair it over the remaining life of the warranty.

My concern is how well the surface plays in a few weeks. KSL story about the difficulty FieldTurf has had with the field here:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=36562463&nid=635&title=rice-eccles-turf-failed-prematurely-new-field-a-possible-safety-concern

JDub1942
      Ute Fan
      @jdub1942

So Ive heard a lot of people acuse our turf of not being cushioned well enough, have we had a higher than normal amount of injuries on our feild? Seems like every now and again when we play at home an odd number of players from each team go down with injury.

Utenut
      Ute Fan
      @utenut

I like the alternating colors of green, maybe the players will have a better feel for the game seeing the distances by shade. Anyway think it looks good, can’t wait to see it in person.

NorthEZUte
      Ute Fan
      @northezute

Can’t wait to see this field live. It’s going to look great!

joefan
      Ute Fan
      @joefan

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Can’t wait to see it in person.

LuckyNumber7
      Ute Fan
      @luckynumber7

Thanks for posting these

UteSteve
      Ute Fan
      @utesteve

That’s going to look really sexy. I’m excited to see “Utes” in the end zone again as well. I know the old turf had a warranty up to 14 years or something like that, and it only lasted 7. Any idea if we got a discount on the new field? Just thinking, if Utah has enough money to just up and buy a new field mid-season you would think we could get at least started on the new SEZ, no?

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I think they offered to replace it at a huge discount rather than do warranty repairs for the next 7 years

DropOutUte
        Ute Fan
        @dropoutute

Read an article that said old field was 700K and the new field would be less than that even with the new coolzone technology or whatever it is. I bet they prorated the warranty and applied it against the cost of the new field.

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I do know the paint from RSL didn’t come off as easy as they thought. So they had to use harsher chemical’s to remove the boxes. Those two combined deteriorated the field faster than expected. So I am guessing not a huge discount since it sounds like some of its wear was self inflicted. Should make those soccer hooligans pay for it!

UteSteve
        Ute Fan
        @utesteve

Perhaps I’m mistaken, but I thought RSL paid for a whole new field not just treating the one they tore up.

aquasaurious
          Ute Fan
          @aquasaurious

RSL did pony up for the new field last time. That was 6-7 years back. As I understand it, this is a typical lifetime for this type of turf.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The alternating green is very HAWT! Can’t wait to see the Utes in the NEZ.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Really glad they put in a new field. The old one was looking a little worn.

It’s looking good.

UUtes
      Ute Fan
      @uutes

I can see my seats in W15!

UtahStu
      Ute Fan
      @utahstu

Think it would have looked better with a double light green in the mide. Oh well.

Mule
      Ute Fan
      @mule

Were there any plans to sell off pieces of the old turf? Someone somewhere had a great idea to use it to raise funds for stadium expansion. Who wants to contact Dr. Hill?

Big Kahuna
      Ute Fan
      @bigkahuna

We barely sold a small portion of the last turf and that field had both 2004 and 2008 teams play on it. I want to say the bookstore had pieces of turf for almost a year after they initially placed the boxed items on sale.

There was a lot of complaining about amounts but at the list price of around $100 no one purchased. I picked up a second piece for more than half off when the bookstore marked down.

Our fan base can be aggressive with their pocket books, the campaign for the field house is an example. For whatever reason (including a lack of marketing and perhaps too aggressive a price point) the turf did not sell well last time.

I am guessing Field Turf probably recycles the old turf?

Viewing 17 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pics of the new turf