So… Now that we\'re solid at OC… what happens with Running Backs Coach?

Viewing 8 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Does anyone have any inside information on how we’ll replace the incredible DE?

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Quinton Ganther. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Source? Or is that a hunch?

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Markham I think 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I would like that hire, BTW. Why not?

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Whoever we replace him with, we might take a big recruiting hit because he might be irreplaceable in recruiting for a position coach.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

Absolutely, look for the Florida pipeline to dry up. It would be nice if the new hire had Texas connections.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Do you guys think we’ll continue recruiting Florida with DE gone? Do we have anyone else on staff with connections there?

I’d like to see us schedule some games against the G5s in that state to keep visibility there. Texas teams even more so.

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’ve now become an Air Raid offense.  No need for a running game.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I see why you would say that, WSC, but personally I’m not so sure.

1. Harding is still OL coach. At least half of our success in the running game has been because of the amazing things he’s done with the OL. That’s a strength we can’t ignore. And just like we used the passing game to keep defenses honest on the run game in the past, there’s nothing that says we can’t keep playing to our running strengths.
      2. We’ve got some GREAT RB’s that are already here, and coming. We’d be foolish to turn them into blockers.
      3. The best offenses have a great passing game, yes, but they ALSO have a more than solid running game.

Maybe that’s all wishful thinking on my part, but… ya. I just like Moss and Shyne. I think they’ll be great over the next few years. I don’t want to see the running game go away.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

I am also hearing Quinton. I listened to a podcast interview with him a month or so ago, and it got me really hoping he would make his way back to Utah.

And for WSC, he doesn’t run an Air Raid, he runs a true spread. The production in the rushing attack wasn’t great last year, but he called run plays close to 45% of the time. In his high school coaching career it was around the same, just a bit under 50% for run plays. He isn’t running Mike Leach’s or Sonny Dykes’ system.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So… Now that we\'re solid at OC… what happens with Running Backs Coach?