Wazzu couldn't finish…

Viewing 3 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I hope I don’t hear how big and bad ‘Furd is after tonight. They are just as capable of losing a game on any given Saturday like everyone else. Pretty good game.

Damn kickers!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I didn’t catch the Furd game. What happened? Update… just watched the highlight on the pac-12 site. Wow. Missed winning field goal with no time left. Bugger for them.

YodaUte
      Ute Fan
      @yodaute

Wazzu is surprising a lot of people. Utah dodged a bullet by not being scheduled against the two best teams in the north. That’s providence smiling upon us.

FormerUteSax
        Ute Fan
        @formerutesax

Maybe they’re the best 2 teams in the north because they don’t play Utah

Anonymous
      Inactive

WASU got hosed by the refs on the McCaffrey fumble. That was clearly a fumble and the replay officials blew it.

MussMan
        Ute Fan
        @mussman

It was a fumble, but the call was correct. The Wazzu player didn’t have control of the ball until after his foot touched out of bounds. Twitter exploded after that play, and the announcers didn’t agree with it either, but it was absolutely the correct call.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Well then the Miami player in the final return play against Duke had his knee down, but only his fingertips were touching the ball as he lateraled it. So, he did not have possession and therefore was not down and the play continues.

MussMan
            Ute Fan
            @mussman

Apples to oranges. When a ball is fumbled, if the other team doesn’t recover it in bounds, possession doesn’t change. It is ruled as a fumble out of bounds.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wazzu couldn't finish…