Where are people getting Whitt is killing Williams confidence?

Viewing 3 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Because of one bad game? Seriously guys one game.

Anonymous
      Inactive

One question who said it and where have you seen it?
      I think TWill was hurt hence the reason for the poor passes. They also wrapped him more which might be limiting his throwing motion I guess.

The constant in this offense has been Whitt and ARod for so many years. I don’t think Whitt limits players but it sure seems like Whitt kills offenses playbooks.
      Just one theory pulled out of my ass is Harding and Whitt don’t seem to be the best of friends anymore. When you have an exchange end with “f**king fire me” you can kind of make those assumptions. Also that Oregon st game looked like an Arod called game. Read option and dives up the middle. Sure seems like Whitt and ARod schemed that crap. I haven’t been an ARod fan for years. Look how much better the wide receivers have got with the right guy. Holliday and Erickson are the best groups on the field. I give Harding a slight pass on the center injuries. Erickson just keeps plugging in guys and they do well.
      TWill has regressed and Huntleys little goal line scenarios are gone I imagine. The fact that you have to bring in Huntley for the redzone shows they are searching. That is on Roderick.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I’ve seen it in FB and on the other site.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Texted to me:

“Someone posted on the paid site that TW and Kw were jawing each other during the game. Speculation was on not allowing audibles.”

Anonymous
        Inactive

It is clear he has been reigned in by Whitt. Something is up for sure. 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Clear from what?

Anonymous
            Inactive

The amount of inside hand offs in that second half. Two minutes left to end the half the weather clears and you do nothing.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Couldn’t have anything to do with weather? And the fact he was off all half and game? And seriously, it’s one bloody game. Calm down.

Anonymous
                Inactive

The weather condtions were no longer a factor after the sun came out.   Against the three worst teams in the PAC Utah managed 23, 36 and 19.  It is a trend. 

ironman1315
                  Ute Fan
                  @ironman1315

Winds were still blowing during the second half. But when has a Whitt offense ever been one to score a ton of points? Control the ball is Whitts mantra. It’s won us a ton of games.

Besides, it’s not a lack of confidence in Williams that’s the problem. Williams had been improving with his decisions each game. Whitt has put the game on his shoulder several times. It’s the inexplicable inability to execute in The red zone. Play calling has been pretty good our guys just drop the ball or turn it over. I have no idea why. But it’s probably Whitt lacking confidence in Williams that made Shyne fumble at the goal line, Moss not follow his blocker, and so forth.

Anonymous
                    Inactive

Oregon st made completions with backup QBs?
                    I don’t even think they had a stack tackle box either. 

ironman1315
                      Ute Fan
                      @ironman1315

Because for some inexplicable reason Scalley went to prevent D and our backup safety misread the play quite a few times. Have some patience. We get Falemaka, Moss, Patrick, and Williams back. Couple that with better we rather and I expect a much better game. If we have a bad game next week I’ll be more inclined to agree with you.

Anonymous
                  Inactive

“The weather condtions were no longer a factor after the sun came out. Against the three worst teams in the PAC Utah managed 23, 36 and 19. It is a trend.”

I need to call you on this. Were you there? The sun being out was only part of the weather. Often there’s a strong clearing wind after a front passes through. From what I could tell, the wind was still blowing.

Anonymous
                    Inactive

I had the broadcast muted and was watching for any wind. I listened to the broadcast on Kall700 and they seemed shocked by the lack of passing attempts by Utah. I remember Reilly said the winds calmed to end the half. 

So call me on it whatever I wasn’t there look at OSUs passing numbers. 

ironman1315
                      Ute Fan
                      @ironman1315

Desperate play calling and prevent defense.

Anonymous
                        Inactive

So weather not a factor then?

Utah had a stacked box shouldn’t that open the passing game up?

rbmw263
                Ute Fan
                @rbmw263

We saw the same thing in the first half of the USC game. Troy was 100 percent reeled in by the coaches

ironman1315
                  Ute Fan
                  @ironman1315

Or they were beating the with the run and you make them try to stop what’s working.

MTM
        Ute Fan
        @mtm

Hmmm…where have I heard that before?

Didn’t DC to that to Travis?

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I saw the exchange between KWhitt and Williams, it came after the fumbled snap on the 4th and one. Whitt basically said “WTF” and Willams responded. Not much to that. I think the weather have more to do with Williams’ issues than injury. As far as Harding, that was last week when the line was underperforming. A heat of battle thing. They seemed fine this week.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Trust me, anyone of us who saw Williams muff that snap by taking his eyes off the ball and then fail to get the 4th down, would do the same as Whitt. That was a big WTF. YOU CANNOT SCORE OR MAKE A 1st DOWN WITHOUT THE FOOTBALL. You never see a basketball player do that. You never see a water polo player shooting before they catch the ball (my sport in college). These kids NEED TO FIGURE THAT OUT and PRONTO!

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

I said WTF was that when I saw it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Where are people getting Whitt is killing Williams confidence?