3rd and 6+

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

They key to winning Saturday. Passing down are a strength in our defense  (finally) and wazzu O isn’t particularly great in yards per play or passing downs. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I hope we’re able to get some pressure on Falk. Our D-Line play has been weak and struggled to get to opposing QBs this season. If we give him time, he’s going to pick our secondary apart.

I agree with you though, if we can get pressure, maybe a sack here and there to force them into third and long situations, we can win this ballgame.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Wazzu will go with a quick hitter gameplan. We won’t have time to get to falk much. That quick hitter gameplan is another thing that will make 3rd and long valuable.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Very true. I didn’t think about that. ASU did the exact same thing. Tons of quick outs, really gave us trouble. Hopefully we learned something from ASU.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

But let’s not hire back the D-Line coach Tuaki who got us 50 sacks per season.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

He’s coaching BYU’s DL and they have been absolutely awful this year. I’m guessing Tuiaki’s success as our DL coach had more to do with the talent we had on the DL than anything he was doing as a coach.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

I would rather have Pease’s playcalling that brought us a healthy number of sacks and, more importantly, interceptions.

I agree that the talent isn’t quite where it used to be this year, along with injuries. Lowell hasn’t been getting the double teams we’d anticipated and Fitts/Anae have been hurt and unable to bring edge pressure.

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

I agree. I would love to have Pease. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Oregon State sucked and now BYU sucks so no. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

This. Tuiaki hasn’t done anything since leaving. I’m very happy with Powell. 

The DL is super young and oft injured. Repp, a first year 215 lb DE is getting a lot of playing time. It is what it is. Powell is a great recruiter and has done very well in the past. 

I’d bet a lot of the fans that want Powell gone are the same ones that wanted Shah gone after year two as well. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Losing Lowell and Hansen is going to hurt but just looking at things now 2018 defense will be ridiculous. 

All these freshman Dbs will have more experience. Anae will be a year older and coming into that Orchardesque status. 

Blair being hurt into fall does suck though. 

Chidojuan
                Ute Fan
                @chidojuan

Hansen may stay. He was banged up a lot and may want to up his draft stock next year, I guess we’ll see.

Tony (admin)
                  Admin/Founder
                  @admin

Yeah right @chidojuan that was exactly what I was thinking. This season, with all the missed playing time, is probably not helping Hansen’s draft stock.

Chidojuan
                    Ute Fan
                    @chidojuan

I hope he stays, he’d likely be a defensive captain and could have a great year if he stays healthy.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Given our recent d-line play, every P12 offensive line looks decent.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.