ACL surgery

Viewing 7 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I know every person is different and some will get back quicker than others. I was watching ESPN last night and they said that Kyler Murray will likely not return until October and may miss the entire season. He had ACL surgery basically the same time as Cam. It doesn’t appear that Kuithe is game ready and he had surgery three months before Cam.

I hoped Cam would be ready to play at the beginning of this season. But, being able to throw in practice is a lot different than being able to scramble, cut, and take hits. No one on here knows the true status of Rising. But, it seems likely that playing him could be risky.

If Cam cannot go, it will hurt our offense. But, I am confident we can still win the first two games without him. Look what Georgia did without a superstar QB. It won’t be easy, yet I think we have the weapons to win these games.

Go Utes!!!

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Was listening to a recent Bill Riley and Sly stated that unless he was a full practice participant by this Thursday (2-weeks out from game 1), he would assume that Cam isn’t playing. I tend to agree. Two weeks of live practice is a pretty short on-ramp, even for an experienced player. I am shifting focus to hoping he can be ready for league play. The OOC is preseason football at this point.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I am also thinking that his first game may be against UCLA.

I am no doctor, but I do not see how a D1 college QB can be ready to play with just two weeks of practice – after an eight-month rehab where you have done little on that knee. Seems that you would need more than two weeks to get ready to play. However, I readily admit that I know very little about the details of ACL surgery.

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

My hope is that he is able to play a handful of series against Weber to get him back into game play and then playing the full games from UCLA on. I think UCLA shouldn’t be as good as last year, so it shouldn’t be too big of a game for him to have to make some high pressure plays. With those two games, I think it gives us time to get him ready for the slugfest happening in Corvallis 6 days later.

I think Florida we should be able to win with anyone at quarterback as we will be able to develop the game plan around that quarterback. Baylor I also think we can win with any qb, but that game will come down to whoever’s lines are playing better. If Utah’s line can create enough holes to get a 3 yard rush every play while having an explosive 10 every like 6 plays then I think we win that game. Especially if the defense can live up to what it’s supposed to be

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I agree with your assessment. I have told people that if Cam cannot go in the early games that he gets to play 10-15 snaps against Weber so he can be game-ready for UCLA.

I agree with you on Baylor. We need to win that game in the trenches. Our Oline needs to open some holes for JJ, Bernard, Glover, et al. Our Dline needs to stop the run and force Baylor to pass.

AlphaUte
      Ute Fan
      @connor1822

Full recovery from an ACL tear is a 2 year thing. Cam might play, but he won’t be healthy. Same goes for kuithe.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yes. Look at Covery in 2019. He had surgery in December the previous year. He tried to play a few plays early on, but ended up sitting the rest of the season. He wasn’t really himself in the shortened 2020 season either. But, he came back strong in 2021.

I wish the best for Rising and Kuithe (especially in the long term).

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Sorta true, but it really depends on the severity of the ACL tear. From what we heard about Kuithe’s, it was pretty bad. Didn’t he immediately fall to the ground and scream in pain? Cam, on the other hand, seemed fairly fine and was even seen smiling and laughing on the sidelines after he came back. I do believe that Kuithe’s was more severe, which is why he is looking questionable, even though he got injured on September 24th, 4 months before Cam. I do think Cam will be back for pac 12 play.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

Don’t tell that to utehub.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

LMAO at this thread. Some serious revisionism going on. All we need now is OnlyU claiming that he never said that Rising and Kuithe would play and play well against Florida and anyone thinking otherwise needed to find something else to fret about.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

I love it too. Now everybody is realizing that you don’t seriously injure your ACL and be 100% 9 months later, it just isn’t in the realm of human capability. Which is a strange thing to realize since it’s not an opinion, it’s simply something that can be verified by any medical professional (or frankly anyone that has been watching sports with their frontal cortex switched in to the ON position).

But I’ve been absolutely raking in downvotes for months for pointing this out. By all accounts he’s recovering incredibly and we’re going to seen him soon. But even if we do we he won’t 100%, maybe not even 80. I think our young QBs probably shoulder this whole season.

And then there comes the point that even if he’s 75% do you throw him out there or give him a month? He’s more than a QB for Utah hes a person and I think decisions have to be made based on that fact. He doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of ever playing in the NFL but it’s still people’s responsibility around him to give him the chance to try. And to do that we have to respect his injury.

If in 20 years we can prevent an old man from having to wince when he picks up his son then we should consider that the florida game can be played by someone else.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Kyler Murray had to be carted off the field, while Cam was able to walk off on his own strength and was laughing and smiling on the sidelines when he came back. I seriously doubt they are the same severity.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

Which is why we’ll see Cam on the field in the first half of the season and quite possibly won’t see Kuithe the entire time, despite Kuithe being injured months earlier.

Cam is a genuine but small possibility of making even week 1 (though it’s certain he shouldn’t). Kuithe is an actual 0% chance.

And neither will be the same player in 2023.

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Yes – georgias non-superstar qb is only going to be an nfl qb.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.