ANOTHER day game – Oregon at Utah 1:30 kick

Viewing 10 reply threads
      13 2

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

Hate the day games – was hoping this game would be under the lights.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

We’ve had a total of about 2 minutes of cloud total in all our day games combined so far.

6 1

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Good lord. All 5 home kickoffs in the sunlight, and 4 straight at 1 or 1:30. And of course Colorado at UCLA gets the 5:30 MT ABC slot. UCLA’s hundreds of fans gotta be stoked for that.

Someone do something about this.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Well, you never know. If Utah beats USC and Oregon beats Wazzu this weekend, there’s a chance that both sneak into the AP Top 10. That might make FOX reconsider the time slot. I would much prefer a night game due to the difference in atmosphere. Glad all of my tickets are on the West side of the stadium.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Glad I’m not the only one that’s going to miss PAC 12 after dark

5 1

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

These day games are really screwing up my hunting season.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

The day games really hurt tailgating too!

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Why do I get the feeling the Colorado game will be at 9:00 at night with a temp of 5 degrees and frozen snow\rain on the ground?

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Just like old times when 1 o’clock starts were standard that late in the season and later starts were played earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I suspect this will be the last afternoon game of the year and the next couple we’ll be freezing our buns off with 8PM starts in snow storms.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

As noted above, when I first followed Utah football, September/October games played in the evening and November games in the early afternoon with the entire schedule of dates/times known at the first of the season. (So no waiting until the week before the game if you can commit to any other event/activity on that upcoming game date). Of course games were very seldom on TV so for road games we listened to Bill Marcroft on KALL 910.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

I guess I am just getting old. I love these day games. Always thought college football was built for Saturday afternoons.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I’m with you completely. Wake up, some hair of the dog, shower and head to the tailgate. Watch game, head for a power nap and then go out for the evening.

I’ve never wanted to fill my Saturday with honey-do’s and errands trying to pass the time until a game kept me up past midnight. Sunday’s are family day. Saturday is me day

OldAsDirtUte
        Ute Fan
        @oldasdirtute

I heartily agree!
        I love Saturday afternoon games. It makes no sense to me to sit freezing, after dark.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

College football might be built for afternoons, but RES + night = better football and better crowd

1 2

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

This is not ideal. I feel like Utah plays better at night, and this will be the dark mode game. Why haven’t we gotten any late starts this season?

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

It’s been too warm and sunny. We have to wait until it really gets cold to have night games.

MontanaUte
      Ute Fan
      @montanaute

I love the day games. Everyone complained about the late night kickoffs. Now everyone is complaining that they are not kicking off late. Nothing sucked more than an 8:30 kickoff, in November, and Utah was playing Colorado on the PAC12 network.

Most of the day games have been on national tv and not the PAC 12 network too.

Tlsute
        Ute Fan
        @tlsute

Couldn’t agree more with this.
        I have read an overwhelming amount of comments on this board over the last several years about how awful the 8:00 PM start times are(which I unequivocally agree with).
        Now I see mostly complaints about how awful these 1:00-1:30 kick times are.
        The exposure for the program is so much better with these kick times.
        Better for the recruiting, better for the fans, better for the players(IMO).
        I agree with the assertion it is what college football is made for, nothing better than a Saturday afternoon(with the pops) or whatever your viewing situation looks like.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ANOTHER day game – Oregon at Utah 1:30 kick