Anyone watch the Lions vs Rams last night?

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I haven’t been really paying attention to the NFL but the end of the Utes season left such a sour taste in my mouth. So I figured I would watch some playoff football.

Now I don’t have a bone to pick and didn’t really care who won. I won’t explain the whole situation. But essentially Rams were driving to score either a fg or touchdown to go ahead in the closing minutes. Goff was playing like his usual second half self. Stafford throws a dime to Nacua who was having an unbelievable night and is blatantly obvious interfered with and belted in the head after the PI.

https://youtu.be/CBxrSYTKOaI?si=6MHONA3hiGFcfGYa
      So my thoughts are damn that is PI. Some will say well Rams can’t complain about missed calls. Because of previous times. Some will say well they blew it in the RedZone multiple times and Lions were getting screwed all game.

I say the NFL officiating in the three games I watched has been so consistently inconsistent it reminds me of a WWE match. Like the officials at this point are just there for show. It was hella suspect that’s all I think.

Holding by tackles is pretty much allowed. Except the play prior to this no call PI was finally called. It was like the first all weekend that I saw being called.

Also LOL at Cowboy fans right now. Lions make the NFC championship game and blow your mindhole.

3 1

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Like you, Eagle, I don’t watch much NFL, but I did see that play on Nacua, and he was mugged a couple of different ways. It was unbelievable. I was wondering to myself how Pac12 refs were able to call that game. Side note: I know he played for the TDS, but Nacua is a baller. Good on him for an amazing rookie season. He and Kincaid both represented the state of Utah well.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That whole last series was so weird. You had a holding call that hadn’t been called all WEEKEND by the NFL allowing for Rams to get pushed out of FG range. Then you had the weird clock thing. It was hard to know what it was all about. Seems like NBC had it right but the stadium had issues. Which sort of sucks the air out of the momentum generated by the Lions stop. Then this obvious PI no call. It was just bizarre.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

As an Eagle fan who lost the Super Bowl on a PI that was way less offensive…

The refs suck. They are trying so hard to be NBA refs. Mahomes flops and whines on every play.

It sucks.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Have you seen that play where the corner opts to not tackle Mahommes?

UofU Fanatic
      Ute Fan
      @uofufanatic

Yeah missed calls both ways. Such as closing of 1st half the Rams clearly jumped into the neutral zone, very obvious, which was called a false start leading to a punt instead of chance to take the 1st half time and end with a score.

That’s just one example. Both sides had missed calls.

But man is Puka fun to watch, incredible night for him. So glad to see the lions win. I was really hoping a Browns vs Lions superbowl match up but that’s not possible now

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yeah and that just leads to my belief of how consistently inconsistent they are. I don’t believe in make up calls or any of that nonsense.
        In that moment that should be flagged. It was so bad.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

I thought BYU fans might bring that up, there were other non call PI’s that were worse throughout the game. Thought it was consistent with how the game was being called which to me is the most important thing.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL Anyone watch the Lions vs Rams last night?