ASU jitters — anybody want to talk me off the ledge?

Viewing 7 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

ASU is not a juggernaut, but they are a very good team this year. I’d argue they are more balanced than injury-laden Oregon at this point. They lost to TDS, but mostly because they shot themselves in the foot. Jayden Daniels is a true dual-threat, and their second-highest rusher with ~400 yards this year. They have a very balanced attack, averaging ~220 yards on the ground and roughly the same through air. They have 3 very good RBs, and 6 receivers with between 135 and 250 receiving yards this year. Their secondary is experienced with a total of ~145 games between them. They have a mid-season all-American LB, an experienced OL and DL, and so on.. How do we surmount all of this? ASU is not more talented than USC, but they’re well-coached and won’t fold. I’m feeling really nervous about this one tbh. Anybody want to talk me off the ledge?

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Utah is probably even more motivated and they’re just as talented as ASU.  Also, ASU has had problems this year in hostile environments.

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

My .02…don’t let 18 year olds playing a game put you on a ledge. Whatever is meant to happen will happen. Just enjoy the ride. 🙂

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Metaphorically speaking of course, but point taken.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I attend the games, enjoying time sitting with my elderly father who may not be around much longer.  I try to have a happy time no matter what the outcome.  If we win, it is just a bonus.  (And I’ll yell my head off trying to support the team and motivate them to victory).

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Echoing @mauchdawgute
      Just like USC place little to no expectations on this team and enjoy a positive outcome if it happens.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

True, football will be secondary this year. The smiles on their faces last week melted my heart. I want the ride the continue.

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

If it helps – ASU fans themselves have admitted we have the top defense in the PAC, based on them playing 2 cupcakes and us 1 cupcake plus SDSU. I’m just hoping to see our guys smiling and having fun again.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

My feelings are it’d be great to win. I will be there cheering them on. If we lose, the sun will come up the next day. If we win it’ll still come up but just feel sweeter. This is a super young team. I think next year is the year but gonna love everything this year win or lose. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

They are talented, experienced, but not mentally strong. If we come out play our game, knock Daniels done a few times and contain the run. They will fold. Daniels cannot throw consistently and they’re recovers aren’t great. Contain, not stop but contain the run and we’re in business.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Wasn’t Herm supposed to be fired by now?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ASU jitters — anybody want to talk me off the ledge?