Auburn leaves UA, signs new 10 year deal with Nike

Viewing 6 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Auburn originally signed with UA around the time Utah did. But I still believe Utah gets way better attention and more money from UA than we would with Nike.

I’d only want to see Utah leave UA for Jordan Brand, otherwise maintain a great relationship with UA IMO.

tgi56slc
      Ute Fan
      @tgi56slc

Hopefully Under Armour now has more time and attention for our UTES.

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

Eh… I’m constantly SUPER underwhelmed with what UA brings to the table. Particularly the fan merchandise is absolutely TERRIBLE. It’s a fair point though that it’s hard to say what attention Nike would give us, but I’d be surprised if the results were less than we’re currently getting. Does Adidas have anything in football? I really have no idea… Maybe not them, but there’s got to be another option…

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

100% this. The fan merch from UA is so GD bad. I own one sweater that I’ve had since Utah beat Goff on Gameday, and I’ve never seen anything that comes close to it in style or quality, and that was a long time ago.

There is rarely ever good quality stuff that also looks good.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I’ve been hoping against hope that Utah would leave UA and go to Adidas. Adidas does the uniforms and fan apparel for a large number of college teams to include Miami (that’s how I know), Washington, Nebraska, ASU, Kansas, Louisville, Indiana, NC State, A&M, and I could go on…

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

we should do the same.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Under Armour is kinda garbage and is very not cool.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

UA was cool for like 2 years when Steph Curry first blew up. Now nobody gives a rats ass about them again.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

I have loved our unis in general but fresh looks have been few and far between and fairly uninspired in the last several years. It’s no coincidence that in the same time period UA’s stock has tumbled into the dirt. They lost a CEO earlier this year and a share is worth less than a burger. They have no value prop as a brand any longer since their fabric technology from 20 years ago can be had from any brand now.

I loved it when they were riding high but it’s time to move on.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

UA sucks hind tit. My son is an Olympic sport athlete on a UA-sponsored college team. They give all the players free shoes and they’re required to wear them for practices, games, and any team-sponsored event. At first he was super excited – getting free shoes makes you feel you’re big time.

Two weeks into preseason his freshman year, his feet and ankles were in such bad shape he had to go see an orthopedist. The ortho said it was probably the shoes and he should go back to shoes he knows. He asked his coach and of course his coach said no, unless he gets a note from a doctor. So the ortho wrote him a note and now he’s back on Nike. Then a bunch of his teammates saw this process and did the same thing.

Kiddo ended up in physical therapy for 6 weeks, missed the start of his season which put him at a disadvantage for playing time, so he had to battle his way back into the rotation. But now he’s playing in his familiar Nike shoes and has had zero problems with his feet.

I’ve heard other stories like this about UA shoes from athletes across many sports. So while all brands are basically making the same clothing, I would caution everyone about UA shoes.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Last year, I bought a pair of UA Utah Utes shoes because UA is the only company that manufactures legit Utah gear. Well, suffice it to say that, other than to try them on, I’ve never worn them and they’re still in the original box in my closet for all the reasons you illustrated. Thank God I got them at a massive discount otherwise I’d be doubly bummed.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Auburn leaves UA, signs new 10 year deal with Nike