Bartle’s deleted tweet

Viewing 4 reply threads
      1 1

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Yesterday evening, Steve Bartle tweeted something along the lines of “Now that we know Arizona and ASU are leaving, Utah needs to make whatever phone calls are necessary and get to the Big12 quickly”. It appears he has since deleted that tweet.
      Most consider Bartle to be fairly plugged in, so it’s rather concerning that he is tweeting we need to make the calls (implying this wasn’t already happening). Which would confirm the notion that the silence from Utah isn’t due to tight-lipped work behind the scenes, it’s just due to inactivity.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

It could also just be as simple as he’s a fan. And like all of us during this hamster wheel of never-ending realignment, emotionally frustrated reactions happen. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I like Bartle but I would say he isn’t much an investigative journalist in the sense of having inside track on a lot of things. 
      When Utah went to the PAC12 I remember a lot of the local sports journalist got pantsed. 

I believe Utah has been pushing to go into the B1G. 

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

Agreed. If its a tweet about a player or recruit I believe Bartle. After that I am not sure how much information he has for the inner workings of the institution. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I saw the tweet, and said that now that AZ and ASU are “all but” gone, indicating he doesn’t know for sure.

6 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Some outsiders have the perspective that school officials are being dimwitted about the situation, but if Utah has a long-term goal in mind for something better than the BIG 12, I could see them settling for the PAC-5 for a year or two as they bide their time if they KNOW they have a good shot at something better.

Are we missing the opportunity cost argument against going into the BIG 12? Once you’re in, you’re locked in for 5+ years, unless you pay some heavy fines to get out, am I right? Utah is not just taking Utah Football into a new conference, it’s taking the whole school, the school of medicine, engineering, etc. to be affiliated with the new conference, and that WHOLE school has a pretty damn good resume. So when you say YES to the BIG 12 you are simultaneously saying NO to other near-term opportunities. 

Just my uneducated 10 cents on the situation.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

My two cents is that the pundits are assuming and attributing a lot of things to the Utah administration that they can’t possibly know. I trust president Randall. He is actually a sports fan, as opposed to previous presidents. It’s all concerning, but I put zero stock in the s**t that hacks like Jason Scheer and his ilk are peddling.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Bartle’s deleted tweet