Basketball

Viewing 6 reply threads

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Utes started late in the season but seem to be spinning up quickly.  Looked good in win against lesser competition.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

The only thing I don’t like about Pelle Larsson is that we may only get him for this COVID season before he leaves us.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Utes right now are #1 in PAC 12 Standings. That’s right.

1 2

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

Did you think they looked good tonight? I saw an ISU team that got worked 70-51 by Nichols State hang with us. Pelle is good, but do you think we’re better than last year?

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I think they are better.  Gach left and Pelle came in.  Everyone has more experience.  Jones looks better.  We have better bench options.  Plummer is the end of the year guy at the start of the year.  Martinez looks like he will work his way into the game.  Our defense has picked up.  I am encouraged.  We often take a couple of games to get rolling, I expect all of last years guys will show a step forward from last year.  Yeah, should be getter.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I thought we started a little slow but played a good first half. The second half the team seemed to lose interest in the game. They were outrebonded and out hussled in the second half, seemed like we were playing at practice speed.

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

Little disappointed in Martinez honestly. He’s one of the highest recruits Utah has ever land and he hasn’t looked good. He’s only played limited minutes, but I would still expect him to have somewhat of an impact on the game. Good thing Larsson has been better than expected.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Martinez played solid defense, he still seems to be getting comfortable on offense though. He’ll be fine.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Really liking Larsson and hope he is around a few more years.   For just getting started, team is getting lots of assists and limiting their turnovers.   They need to be far better getting rebounds.  Giving up 17 offensive boards will be fatal against quality opposition.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Good thing Martinez dad is on the staff. He won’t transfer after K elects not to play him mid way through the year.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.