Basketball season

Viewing 3 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

If we didn’t win another game all season, this year would still be a success in my book. We’ve already doubled our Pac12 win total from last year. That is impressive growth, and you can SEE it on the court. The players look physically different.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Indeed. Thank you for this post.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

For those who regularly attend games, have you noticed an uptick in attendance throughout the year? I went to the game vs Washington and was pleasantly surprised with the turnout. I estimated it to be about 75-80% full, which I felt far exceeded what I had heard about attendance earlier in the year.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

I would say there has been a definite uptick in attendance. Not enough to fill the lower bowl just yet, but it’s getting there.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

75-80% of the lower bowl. 

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

In the 70s I remember as students standing in line for half a day to get a good seat at the Special Events Center. In the 80s and 90s there was a waiting list for a handful of lower bowl seats that came available each year and league games sold out early in the day. That has completely changed. Only UofA in the Pac has avoided this change. Utah is currently third in attendance, after the Az schools but ahead of UCLA (last years stats). Winning will make a difference and if Utah contends for the championship on a regular basis and with trips to the NCAA tournament a mostly full lower bowl will be common. For the most part college basketball has moved to TV.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Would love to see a rowdy full student section for some of our remaining games (especially the LA schools).  It’s a lot easier to start hating UCLA again now that they are leaving the conference.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Understanably this is the situation. There are a LOT of basketball games. 

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

And we owe a lot of it to Rollie. What a stud

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.