Baylor is now a trap game. Yikes!

Viewing 11 reply threads

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Wow, Baylor did not look good at all tonight.

I have to think Aranda will have them fired up next week, but it is not looking good for them (I mean Aranda didn’t even look interested most of the night, so who knows). Doesn’t look like Shapen will be good to go next week, but I don’t know how much that matters. Baylor doesn’t have a QB than rivals the PAC12 QBs Utah will see this year. Baylor has some nice skill players, but I am shocked at how soft they looked along the lines tonight.

Baylor doesn’t have a chance against Utah if they can’t run the ball. The heat will be a factor for sure…guys cramping all over the place across Texas today. Similar weather forecast for next Saturday – 104 degrees and sunny.

It’s bounce back or die for Baylor. Ripe trap game.

NashvilleUte
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilleute05

Yikes! Who’s Texas State? 1st games of the season can be surprising, but really? Agree 100% that next weeks game is now a trap game… hopefully we prepare for it the right way!

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

They still are in the same situation Florida is in… an all new o-line. Their QB looked like he was chewed on by a pit bull by the end of the game. I’m 100% sure the Utes are locked in and not looking past them. I think we do just what we did to the gators to the stinkin’ bears.

8 1

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

it’s not a trap game… we play Weber state the week after.

6 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Here’s my piece…after watching PAC 12 QBs ball out today, we need Rising available and healthy as soon as possible. If for some reason he misses a significant portion of the schedule, we’re going to be in trouble because offensive performances like the one versus Florida are not going to cut it.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Nah, they stuck. Cam doesn’t even need to play. Cam just needs to play the first half against Weber to knock the rust off, and then Nate needs to throw it around in the second half to practice his passing and build some confidence.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I’m talking about the PAC schedule…we can definitely win without Cam and Kuithe until we start playing conference opponents.

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

This is not a trap game because Whit will have them ready to play.

8 1

PNW Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pnwute

A trap game? Because Utah will be looking ahead to…… Weber State?

(Trap game. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.)

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

Perhaps he was facetiously claiming we’d be looking ahead to WSU.

Miles E.
        Ute Fan
        @emiles

He means that Baylor was embarrassed today. They will be angry next week. It would have been better for us had Baylor won. They’ll be more focused in practice this week to try and clean things up.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

Did you watch Baylor tonight? They are definitely worthy of being overlooked. They put hot garbage on the field tonight. Glad to know they have your respect. After tonight, they don’t have mine.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Overlooked for Weber state or in general?
          Utah has a lot to work on themselves honestly. I think they will be hungry to prove themselves.

alUmnUs
            Ute Fan
            @alumnus

Weber would have beat Baylor tonight.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

Correct you are EagleMountainUte. Utah didn’t finish Thursday night’s game well. We won, but we let UF back into the game late in the 4th. Baylor might be looking to prove something next weekend, but I think Utah will be liking to prove something too. We will definitely NOT be looking ahead to the Weber St game.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

We won’t be looking past Baylor at all. Weber State is the following week and we’ve had this game circled for a while. Knowing that Baylor needs improvement is all the better because our offense needs all of the tune up we can manage as well. We aren’t terrible on that side of the ball but we’re definitely out of rhythm. I believe if NJ didn’t have those first game mistakes he would’ve separated himself. Now it’s up to him to prove they were a fluke if in fact they were.

cj13
        Ute Fan
        @cjohnsen13

Problem with NJ is we didn’t see his passing ability nearly at all. Even without the mistakes we don’t know if he can throw a deep ball as his few throws were short. Hopefully we blow Baylor out and they can late Nate loose in the second half

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

His passes had a lot of zing on them though. From my perspective perhaps too much. I’d bet he’s got an arm.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Jump on them early and break their spirt.
      Baylor Dline got abused by Texas St. Utah needs to punch them in the mouth with a physical punishing run game.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I won’t feel comfortable playing any team until Rising is healthy and taking the snaps. And I also believe that Utah cannot take any team for granted until that’s the case. I have to imagine that the game versus Baylor will follow a similar script to that executed versus the Gators. That is, try to get an early lead and just wear the Bears down. One thing I did read last night is that Shapen, the Bears’ QB, suffered a MCL injury so it’s highly unlikely he’ll be on the field for a while.

CityCreekUte
      Ute Fan
      @citycreekute

Wait, we’re in danger of looking ahead to Weber State???????????????

Wowzers I didn’t catch anything about their game this week. Must have been amazeballs.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

Yes.

Baylor is poo poo. Weber is the more dangerous opponent now.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Baylor is now a trap game. Yikes!