Bernard

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Bill Riley confirmed on good show today that Micah Bernard WILL play in the Vegas Bowl. That’s good…very good!

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

…. As CB lol jk

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Will playing in the bowl game affect his future eligibility? I mean, Bernard already graduated in 2022. This is his fifth season with Utah and he took a redshirt in 2019.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Bowl games don’t count against eligibility at all.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Actually, that was a one time exception that the NCAA issued for last year’s bowl season. Do you know if it has been renewed?

NCAA issues one-time waiver

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

I have to believe the team wouldn’t be doing this if it was going to impact his availability next year. I’m sure they’ve done their homework.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

I thought I heard it had, but I could be wrong. /shrug. If it hasn’t, I suppose Bernard playing would indicate that he’s done at Utah.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Well, I’ve spent the last 15-20 minutes searching on the internet and I haven’t been able to find anything stating that the NCAA has made the rule permanent or even extended it to this bowl season. It’s possible that it could have been just a one off associated with Covid.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Our running game has the potential to be pretty good. JJ will be starting with Glover and Bernard playing too. I know two linemen will be sitting out because of the NFL draft. But, we are supposed to have depth.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.