Btw WTH is this?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

We have some dumbass fans.  It seems the worst ones are on Twitter.

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

Smack talking a 20 year old player. How sad. There should be an NCAA rule.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

What kind of rule?  Don’t expose yourself to idiots online?  Sorry that is impossible.  Freedom of thought and expression no matter how stupid(see example above) is paramount to a free society. 

2 4

whitlessham
            Ute Fan
            @whitelssham

I have a trump joke…never mind

Duhwayne
            Ute Fan
            @duhwayne

Fans would leave student athletes alone if it resulted in a penalty on the field or in school. Specify in the violation record which username is responsible. Have the NCAA put pressure on the platform to kill the account. It’s not complicated. Adults should not be directly attacking or recruiting high school and college athletes. They’d stop with some consequences.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

So all I would have to do is create an account, pose as a USC fan, make fun of a Utah player and then USC gets penalized. Sounds like a sound and a fair way to deal with stupid adults.

Stone
              Ute Fan
              @stone

Or we could all live by the timeless refrain of “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.”

College students are old enough that we should not need to shelter them from social media criticism. They can choose to get off social media, block the user, or just get over it.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Fascists and totalitarians would agree with you. 

UtMtBiker
              Ute Fan
              @utmtbiker

No… no they wouldn’t. Your plan would ramp up the harassment ten fold. Think it through.

noneyadb
              Ute Fan
              @noneyadb

Expecting fans/fanatics to act like civil human beings and not push their opinion on an unregulated format from the privacy of their own basement??? Yeah good luck with that.

beaslad
      Ute Fan
      @beaslad

I don’t know what this is trying to say

1 3

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Get a life – you’re all a bunch of lunatics.

In 6 weeks, the actual football results will start to occupy everyone’s minds, and all of this pre-whatever non-sense will stop.

In the interim, I’ll be (in no particular order):

– training for this year’s Snowbird Hillclimb, and LOTOJA,

– cleaning out my garage, so I can finally (once again) get some cars in for the winter,

– looking for a software development job

– watching RSL (although they remind me more each year of the frustrating Utah football teams of the 80’s and early 90’s)

And most importantly, reminding everyone that while Ute football is the BEST “season” of all, we should be enjoying other things now, and commenting on them, so that we can REALLY obsess about Utah football, when it’s happening.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Btw WTH is this?