Bye week recruiting trips…

Viewing 1 reply thread

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

So with the bye week I expect the Utah coaches will be on the road this weekend to catch some Friday Night Lights in key recruiting hot spots or for some must-get recruits.   What will the coaches’ travel itineraries look like this week: California, Texas, Florida, Vegas, more remote in-state locales???

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

How many mission guys are coming back? How many spots does Utah have? Seems like Utah loses a ton of seniors so I imagine transfer portal could be a good injection of talent.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Would it be unusual for a coach to visit a college game site in hopes of landing a transfer portal guy?

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

If a player is in the portal, they are not at their school’s game. If they are not in the portal, they cannot be contacted. I would like to see some reaching to get some very good recruits to visit. It would seem Utah has a lot to offer. Lots of seniors moving to the NFL, program performing at a high level, very stable coaching and willingness to start freshmen if they earn a spot. We do have a number of missionaries in the pipeline.

1 1

PhillyUte
        Ute Fan
        @phillyute

We lose a ton of talent this year. Which is why I’m concerned our recruiting class is quite frankly, not good, to put it mildly. It’s also pretty late in the year and it doesn’t seem like it’s picking up anytime soon. 

2 1

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Meh. I don’t want to sound like an apologist, but recruiting classes don’t matter as much as they used to in situations like Utah is facing. Besides, you don’t want a team with 15 freshmen starting. The transfer portal is where it’s at – I’m much more concerned about how well we “recruit” guys in the portal.

2 4

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Such a bad misinformed take

1 3

Distantute
              Ute Fan
              @distantute

Yes one of the worst takes ive read in a long time (recruiting classes dont natter much; we dont need a bunch of freshman). Utahs strategy switched in the last few years to offer everyone thats good and hope to win a few and hope to land more that get squeezed out due to no room left with the bigger name programs. It has worked okay and weve started slow in prior years but never this slow. Not sure whats going on. Would think with this year and last wed be landing a lot more by now, especially with all of the guys leaving this year.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Yeah exactly Asu will be freaky good in 2-3 years. Then restart with a new head coach rinse repeat. 

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

People say this every year, and every year Utah somehow pulls through. 

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

We lose a ton of talent his year, yes, but that hole is filled with the 3 previous recruiting classes. We arent Clemson/OSU/Bama. Even a good recruiting class would have little-no impact on how we are able to replace guys we are losing this seson

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bye week recruiting trips…