BYU to the Big 12, it’s a great move for them.

Viewing 0 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Even though this is in the TSPP category, it is actually a kudos to BYU for getting into the Big 12.

BYU will most likely never be the football juggernaut they were under LaVell. Nope not even with the Big 12 inclusion.

However in my opinion it is an absolute coup for them in basketball. This is is the Big East when they decided to do away with football. BYU will be able to compete much better in basketball than football in my opinion. And the boost to their basketball recruiting will be huge. Hey want to come play Kansas? No not Gonzaga, Kansas! How about Cincinnati? Yep we’ve got them. West Virginia? Yes. Iowa State? Yes. Houston? Yeah they’re not what they used to be but let me show you some video of Phi Slamma Jamma. Baylor? They’re no slouch either.

I think Big12 football will struggle with the future composition, but I can’t think of a league that will make them look weak. Best conference I can think of is the Big 10, or maybe the ACC. But I think they are better than the SEC, and Pac12 with those schools for basketball.

Ranked Big12 teams at the end of last year? 

Baylor #1

Houston #3

Kansas #16

West Virginia #18

Oklahoma State #19

Texas Tech #22

Pac 12 had 5 ranked teams, Big 10 had 4, ACC 3, SEC 2 (3 if you add in Texas). And 4 from non-P5.

That’s not bad. Good for you TSPP.

Congrats, now back to our regularly scheduled beatdown at Rice Eccles South!!!!! GO UTES!!!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo BYU to the Big 12, it’s a great move for them.