Caleb Williams: NFL decision is going to be:

Viewing 5 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

“A game time decision”.

Good hell he wants the big 10 to run him through now?

USC 2024 schedule:
      In Vegas against LSU.
      Utah State
      Bye
      AT Michigan
      Wisconsin
      At Minnesota
      Pedo State
      At Maryland
      Rutgers
      At Washington
      Bye
      Nebraska
      At fUCLA
      Notre Dame

Season is over week one I wager. Not a very favorable schedule at all. Especially Maryland in October.

NorthernUte
      Ute Fan
      @northernute24

Wow, I see 5 wins at most next year for them, that’s crazy

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Is Helton still available?

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Who is Pedo State?

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

It’s the university whose athletic department should have been shut down for fostering (and subsequently obstructing the investigation to protect an asst. coach) child sexual abuse for 15 years (Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno and Penn(Pedo) state)

5 2

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Oh, the one from 13 years ago that includes no coach, administrator, or person from their athletic department today? Joe Paterno was made to resign. Sandusky was sentenced to 400+ years. Let’s move on as adults and separate that incident from the different people at the university today.

I’m glad nobody references the University of Tend Bundy Law School in Salt Lake City, Utah.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

Oregon fans do love to wear their “Ted Bundy graduated from the University of Washington” t-shirts

Daedalus17
        Ute Fan
        @daedalus17

Jeopardy
        Category: Famous Pedophiles for 100 please

Alex Tribek:
        Jerry Sandusky was a coach for this Big 10 football team located in the state of Pennsylvania.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Caleb strikes me as a special person who’s already a legend in his own mind. He might just stay one more year at USC just to prove he could do it and confound all those pundits that predicted his exit to the NFL. Keep in mind that, if he stays at USC, he’ll easily make north of $10M in NIL money.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I literally wouldn’t leave. There is so much less pressure on you at the college level.

But when you see first round money? Damn that’s a lot of pressure I want.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

If Williams was the #1 draft pick, his rookie contract would be just over $41M, with $27M of that guaranteed. On a prorated per annum basis, he could make more by staying at USC than by going to the NFL and, as you say, pretty much call his own shots with little to no pressure to produce on the field. That’s pretty good living and why it wouldn’t surprise me if he went back to USC for another year. Plenty of guys have done so in the past (Leinart, Herbert, etc…) though it’s rare to see especially since a significant number of players come from depressed socio-economic environments.

Calgradutedad
            Ute Fan
            @calgradutedad

But then he pushes his next contract back a year which will be a lot more than $10 million. If he goes in 2024 he will hit even bigger money in 2028. If he wait until 2025 then it becomes 2029. This seems just like a primadonna drawing more attention. He would be trading one year in college for one year in NFL at most likely over $25 million. Jimmy G made $24 this year according to this.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/2023/quarterback/average/

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

I think it will depend on who has the first pick in the draft and if he feels that is a good situation for him- if he doesn’t like it stay in so cal and lead that team to mediocrity again.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

He’s probably biting the nail polish off all his fingers as he agonizes over this decision.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Caleb Williams: NFL decision is going to be: