Chip and Herm on the hot seat

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

According to this MSN Sports article – UCLA and ASU may be looking for new football coaches.

“Kelly is one of 10 coaches given a 4 out of 5 rating here, labeled “Start improving now.” There are only two coaches who earned a 5, or “Win or be fired,” making Kelly essentially in a massive tie for third place for most likely to get axed.

No Power Five coach has a 5 rating at the moment though, so Kelly joins Virginia Tech’s Justin Fuente, Arizona State’s Herm Edwards and Nebraska’s Scott Frost as the coaches with the biggest jobs who could be sent packing in the coming weeks.”

However, UCLA has a 9 million dollar payout due if they let Chip go now.  This makes me believe they won’t show him the door this year. 

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Add USC to this and all three of our main South competitors will have new coaches.  Man, I hope USC screws this one up too.  Something tells me there are bigger issues than bad coaching with the Trojans.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Chip gets two more years at least. UCLA should be good next year. Still a lot of football left. UCLA has a good shot to win out and go to a bowl game at 8-4 (6-3 p12). That’s a damn good season ending up 2nd in the South.
      If Utah and ASU completely meltdown, UCLA could still win the South. ASU is in a bit of a funk losing their last two games so my crystal ball guess is UCLA finishes strong with an 8-4 record and beats up some mid-range Big 10/12 team in a bowl game. ASU could easily lose 2-3 of their last games.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Chip and Herm on the hot seat