Clemson QB commits to Oregon st

Viewing 7 reply threads

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

DJ Uiagalelei expected to commit in the next few days. To say the PAC12 is going to be loaded at QB next season is an understatement….

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Oregon St just became a little more dangerous next year.  And we get them next year in Corvallis.

I really hope Rising comes back.

GO UTES!!!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I think this makes them a top 15 team to start next season.  The PAC12 may have five top 15 teams in the initial rankings in 2023.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Too be honest, not that impressed with DJ. If he was that good, he wouldn’t have lost his job to Cade Klubnik. He’s an upgrade to what the Beavers have now but, being new to the league and having to familiarize himself with a new offense, I’m not certain that he’ll have the same type of impact as guys like Penix and Nix, who, I feel, are more talented.

Not all change is progress. Remember when we brought in Jake Bentley and Charley Brewster? Both of those guys were multiple-year starters at South Carolina and Baylor and had some major league monster games (I lived in Columbia, SC prior to moving back to the SLC area and once saw Bentley absolutely torch Clemson for 500+ yards passing and 5 TDs the year that Clemson won the NC vs Alabama). How’d those guys turn out for Utah?

Back to DJ…if you look at his stats for the two years he’s been a starter at Clemson, well, they’re pretty mediocre considering all the talent he was surrounded with. Maybe he’ll break out at Oregon State and all he needed was a new environment to flourish. Or maybe he’s just decent but not great.

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

With a new system he may do better at Oregon state, plus he really only needs to be decent in that system. They were top 25 without a QB this season.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

I’m with you on this one Miami. Maybe a change of scenery / staff will help DJ, but haven’t been impressed with him at all at Clemson.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I love this for Oregon State. Going to be a tough game against them next year, but I pull hard for OSU outside of their game vs Utah

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Most Clemson fans are glad to see him go. I don’t think he is much of an upgrade over what they had. Potentially more athleticism. He doesn’t make very quick decisions and is like 56% completion percentage?

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Eagle, yeah, I was alluding to that…he’s a big, relatively slow QB…I don’t think he’s very athletic at all, to tell you the truth. Last year his rushing average was less than 3 yards a carry and this year it was under 4 yards a carry. All of this coming from almost 250 rushing attempts…pretty substandard I would think, especially when playing at a school that’s the class of the ACC.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah. I watched a highlight video after someone said they wanted him to transfer it seemed like he was mobile. Most of the comments on the video were not kind.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Wow, I was reading some of the comments on that video you posted and some of the fans sound like Nostradamus. Like this one:

Should have just called this how he played against SC State. Cubnik will take his job. He is inconsistent at best. Dabo loves him. Transfer portal bound.

I wonder if that guy has any investing tips.

There are also some fans that are absolutely brutal like in this gem:

Did they really show a 3rd and 21 run for 6 yards as part of this highlight video??

How about this one:

Next up a Joe Biden 2021 Highlight Video!

LOL…have fun in Corvallis DJ…

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Hilarious stuff.
              Hey Merry Christmas and HappyHolidays to you and yours Miami. And always GO UTES!

The Miami Ute
                Ute Fan
                @themiamiute

Same to you Eagle! Merry Christmas to you and your family. Am I right in thinking that you’re going to the Rose Bowl? If so, have fun (guaranteed to happen) and be safe. Hope to catch up with you in the chat next year.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I won’t be going. So I will be in chat again this year watching from home.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

He is not good.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Clemson QB commits to Oregon st