Cole Bishop just walked out on Senior Day

Viewing 3 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

My guess is that he’s made the decision to declare for the NFL draft. Just for inference, PFF right now has him as a 6th/7th RD pick. He’d probably do himself a favor by returning for one more season.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

He probably is gone, however, Cam and Brant both walked last year so there’s still a chance 🤞

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

That’s true but in the case of both those guys, injuries got in the way of their NFL dreams.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yeah, Coach Whitt has said he encourages players to get out there on Senior Day if there is any chance they are leaving for draft as you can always walk again, but he’d rather not have them miss the opportunity to be honored by the teams and fans.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

I don’t think so. If you have a good indication that you’ll get drafted and make at least the minimums for your position, and that amount is significantly more than any NIL money, why not take it. Could come back and potentially help your draft position but odds are against that. Injuries, being a year older, and potentially playing yourself out of the draft are all possibilities. Take the money when you can get it and be smart with it.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

I talked to his parents pre game – he walked today but they said it’s completely up in the air if he comes back or not

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cole Bishop just walked out on Senior Day