Colorado Hype Starting to Get Into Gear

Viewing 4 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

ESPN just held an online poll asking if Colorado should be ranked higher than #22 in the AP. At this rate, they’ll be in the Top 10 if they start the conference schedule undefeated.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Overall it is more good than bad for Utah. PAC12 needs anything it can get. Even for outgoing members.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

It will be interesting to see how things shake out once there is a few games of film on Colorado’s offense. If nothing else, I think game one shows that Colorado is dangerous and you had better take them seriously.

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

I can’t understand why every Ute fan wouldn’t want the Colorado hype train to continue on the entire year. Hopefully they continue to believe their hype and beat some of the real conference champion contenders creating a few extra losses here and there. Does anyone actually believe that at the end of the season in November, they can come in to Rice-Eccles and win, especially if a lot was on the line?

2 2

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Does anyone actually believe that at the end of the season in November, they can come in to Rice-Eccles and win, especially if a lot was on the line?

10-1, 9-2, 8-3 Colorado absolutely has a shot to come in to RES and win, especially if they are playing for a spot in the CCG. We have no idea what shape the two teams will be in after the next 10 weeks and we aren’t talking about 2022 Colorado anymore.

1 1

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

The 2011 Colorado Buffaloes finished 3-10 and in last place in the PAC South. One of their three victories that season was a 17-14 win at Rice-Eccles in the last game of the season, ultimately costing Utah a spot in the CCG in their inaugural PAC season. At the end of the day, you have to play the game and, based on what I’ve seen so far, Colorado at the very least has a puncher’s chance.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

I concur. And by the bye, I was worried about the Oregon State game before the season. Now I’ve got it as the most likely Utah loss. They remind me so much of Utah in 2018. Strong defense, excellent run game. Just need competent QB play

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

I’m going into that game hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. We lost to them in 2021 when we had a great team and, since then, they’ve improved and we’ve regressed, mostly through injury. If DJU brings solid QB play to that team, it’s hard to see a pathway for a Utah victory, especially if Rising isn’t close to 100 percent. No matter which way you shuffle the deck, alternating Barnes and Johnson isn’t going to cut it there.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

Deion does. And lots of Utah fans have been insecurely threatened by his arrival to Colorado.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Let the Buffs have their day in the 🌞 3 winning seasons in the last 20 years. Sweet spirits.
      Deion will be HC somewhere else by the time we get to Big12.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Colorado Hype Starting to Get Into Gear