Concerned Ute

Viewing 7 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am a loyal Ute and have been for almost 60 years.  I hope for the best this shortened season.  However, I would be lying if I said that I felt good about our chances to compete for the South championship.

So, I want some help.  Tell me why we should be good this season.  Here are my concerns:

1. We have 8 defensive players from last year on NFL rosters.  We didn’t just lose 9 starters, we lost 8 NFL caliber players.

2. We lost the best running back in Ute football history.  (Not even close.)  We lost probably the 3rd best QB in our program’s history.

There are some positive that I see:

1. More experienced offensive line.

2. Solid group of experienced receivers.

3. Two talented young men competing for starting QB.

4. No major coaching changes.

I voted for 4-2 in the poll.  But, I am not 100% confident about that.

So, why should we be better than 3-3 or even possibly compete for a championship?

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Because. That’s why.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

As far as the record goes, the Utes play UCLA, CO, AZ and Or St. The chances to finish 4-2 are pretty good just based on the competition.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Let that be a lesson to me, don’t push the submit button before typing your answer.

In Whitt we trust. Even though we are basically replacing our defense, when was the last time we had a bad defense? There is a lot of talent in our recruits and we have solid underclassmen too.

The offense could be our best ever. 2 QBs that look to have excellent talent, and one of those has 3yrs of SEC starting experience.

Probably our deepest and best receiving corps. Including the return of a healthy Covey and Thompson.

Our O line should be solid which makes the whole offense work better.

At RB we are replacing the best in Utah history. We may not have anybody that can replace what Moss gave us ,but we do have a bevvy of talented backs and they will be running behind a much improved O line.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Because we have the best football “program” in the PAC12 South.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

We can wonder but should not be worried.  Until I see a hole in the team, I don’t think there is a hole.  Who thought Moss, or the others with the exception of Johnson, was special before we saw him on the field.  Those that left for the NFL may have been blocking some good players from getting onto the field.  Some of last year’s 2s will take big steps as they get to be the focus for a position in practice.  There are some interesting prospects that I am interested in getting a chance to see.     

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Anyway you look at it, this is a rebuilding year.  Just too many great players moved onto the pros. 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

We can wonder but should not be worried.  Until I see a hole in the team, I don’t think there is a hole.  Who thought Moss, or the others with the exception of Johnson, was special before we saw him on the field.  Those that left for the NFL may have been blocking some good players from getting onto the field.  Some of last year’s 2s will take big steps as they get to be the focus for a position in practice.  There are some interesting prospects that I am interested in getting a chance to see.     

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Concerned Ute