Current missions

Viewing 1 reply thread

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Who all is on missions that is planning on playing at Utah when they get back? I noticed Isaac vaha isn’t on the roster anymore and I was wondering who else is on a mission

mfaulk80
      Ute Fan
      @mfaulk80

Vaha medically retired.

Missionaries for the upcoming class:
      Trey Reynolds
      Dallas Vakalahi

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

does that mean they are leaving this year and we’ll see them in 2 years or that these are the ones coming back?

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

pretty sure he means coming back. Clegg, Fonoimoana, and Helu were the 3 from the 2023 class who were supposed to go immediately on their missions.

Also, it looks like Vili Taufatofoa (DL) has reclassed from 2024 to 2023 as 247 has moved his commitment.

ThurstonW
            Ute Fan
            @thurstonw

Carvalho is also headed on a mission.  He is a hard commit from the 2023 class, but didn’t sign.  I believe this was to keep the scholarship open.  I saw a video of him before he left and he’s all UTE!!!!!

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

Tough news on Vaha. I hope he’s well on the way to a degree and at least benefitted from the scholarship these first two years. Anybody know if you medically retire do you forfeit the scholarship? I’d love it if he could remain at the U and finish.

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

I feel like I heard that you keep your scholarship…but I’m far from certain.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

All scholarships in the PAC are guaranteed. That was part of a reform package in 2014.

The transfer portal relieves some of that burden and medical retirements don’t count against the cap of 85.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Current missions