Davir Hamilton

Viewing 4 reply threads

32utahutes
      @32utahutes

Davir Hamilton plans to transfer per his Twitter. He said something about not being able to fulfil his dreams at the U of U. Assuming he wasn’t going to get playing time and was buried in the depth chart. Was it more Utah or playing time or both?

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Strange time to transfer.  Graduates next spring but was just a RS sophomore.  He was going to have 2 to play 2 even if he played this season.  OnlyU will have to shed some light, he seemed like a bit of a tweener who was too slow for backer and too small to be a d-end.  Hate to see him go but wish him the best.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Davir is talented and most likely would have earned playing time at some point though probably not as a starter.  The “lights” just haven’t turned on for him to date.  This is definitely a playing time decision.  Hellhound is right…not fast enough or intelligent enough (football wise) to play linebacker – calls, alignment, etc. He has gotten bigger at DE which would have been his spot and he also worked at DT some this Spring but he is behind two RS Freshman in Tafua and Maxs as well as Anae, Repp, etc.  

Best of luck to him.  

As far as trends go the only one you should be concerned with is that the Freshman additions this year are excellent…the overall talent and depth continues to get better and the next few years you’re going to have to be pretty talented to get on the field.  

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Are the coaches still searching for the next Trevor Reilly?  He was such a unique talent as a tweener that he may be a one of a kind.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Trevor was so…weird. He was so good…but so small. I don’t think they are looking for another Reilly. They want Star’s and Orchard’s and Norris’. 

I think they want Fotu and Anae and Chase and Bernard and Pirtle. I think they take the players they have this year over Reilly. 

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

I just look at our ends and they have seemed to recruit a bunch of tweeners that they hoped would grow into the position like Orchard.  Trust me, I would give lefty for another Jared Norris.    

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

Norris was so good. And the man tattooed a feather on the side of his head. What’s not to love?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

A. Overcome with talent and didn’t want to switch to CB. No worries from me.

B. Utah is doomed and this is a trend just like Singleton!!

C.  Who the f**k is Davir Hamilton and why should I care?

Each of these answers are correct depending on which viewpoint you like to express. 

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

Hamilton was a huge advocate for the program and helped recruit a lot of kids.  You are clueless and I have no idea what you’re talking about when talking about him and a cb position.  

Anonymous
        Inactive

No one seems to appreciate your unique form of sarcasm. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

What about D?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sorry to see him go. Good young man. He was a real positive influence during his recruitment.
      Same with Chris Hart. He was much sought after in recruiting, and he just can’t seem to win a spot.
      It’s tough. He (Hamilton) would have been huge for us if we still were in the MWC.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Davir Hamilton