Deivon Smith – can he play?

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I just listened to Mark Harlan on the radio. Deivon can play based on a two-week injunction. However, if he played and then they went back to the old rule – would he lose a year of eligibility? This is what Harlan and his staff are trying to figure out.

So, Deivon may play this weekend if they learn that he does not have to risk a year of eligibility. It’s possible that the courts/NCAA may rule that all these guys can play the entire season. But, as for now, there is just a two-week window. Some guy from UNLV did play last night.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I don’t think so.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

It has been confirmed that he can play and he would NOT lose any eligibility if the NCAA wins the suit.

The question is, SHOULD he play? If he is only going to be able to play in two games do you risk messing with chemistry / taking time away from someone else who could be getting up to speed for conference play?

This is why I’m not a coach. I’m guessing he will play, but we’ll see starting this Saturday.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

I was looking for my older post that asked this question but found this one first.

This ESPN article says you will lose eligibility

NCAA: Transfers who compete during TRO will lose eligibility if decision reversed

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

The NCAA reversed course today & now stipulates that a transfer who plays during these next two weeks & it gets reversed will have their eligibility impacted…..Shame.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

The NCAA needs to be restrained for more than 2 weeks.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

We need to go all in with Smith. We need him this year. If he is as good as some have claimed it would be a big addition. If we had a quick athletic point guard that could finish games we are a tournament team for sure.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Deivon Smith – can he play?