I wonder who the last true freshman to start at LT was

Ma’ake Kava
        Ute Fan
        @ma-ake

Jordan Gross? (Good company to be in!)

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Who is the linebacker that comes out in the nickel package?

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

Notables:

* Pepa as the 2 behind Tafuna & Tanuvasa getting the start at right tackle.
      * JT gets the start, Battle will play a lot of snaps
      * Tao Johnson has a year over Smith Snowden at NB
      * Elijah Davis is the 4th corner, playing behind Vaughn
      * FR Johnathan Hall behind Vaki at SS – #10 on D is not an oversized Money Parks!
      * Pittman and Matthews in an “OR” situation at R-WR
      * McClain behind Vele, apparently has put in the work. Nice!
      * Landen King behind Kuithe at U-TE, remember #14

EDIT – Sione Vaki at KR and the 2 at PR? Wow.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

My takeaways:

Landen King behind Kuithe. If Kuithe is not cleared, we are going to see him and I’m really excited for that.

Mikey Matthews as a true freshman being OR with Pittman is huge. Pittman is a solid WR and very experienced, so Matthews must be damn good.

Obviously Fano at LT is massive, and Florida fans expecting it to be easy since he’s a true freshman should be very wary. You don’t see guys starting at that position unless they are amazing.

Aliki Vimahi is not on here, and i am assuming he’s the banged up guy from the rumors. I’m sure Tanuvasa and Tevita Fotu have looked good, but I was personally excited for Vimahi.

Tao Johnson starting at nickel is what I was expecting, but from the bits of information we’ve heard, it’s close. I’m assuming Snowden would have been the starter had he enrolled early.

Falcon at backup RT is interesting, since I feel like we’ve heard that he was battling for LT? I trust Harding, but man, having your two LT’s have a combined 13 games played is crazy, especially since both are underclassmen.

Of course, QB is the elephant in the room. My hope is that Barnes is actually QB2 no matter what, and that Johnson is QB1 if Rising doesn’t play, but that’s probably just Copium on my end.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We have only one senior shown as a starter on what Whitt has called his best defense. We may be good this year, but consider what we may be in 2024. I understand that a few guys like Bishop may jump to the NFL, but still …

We appear to have lots of depth at every position.

Of course, the QB depth chart means almost nothing and I doubt that Kuithe will play this week.

I’m excited to see these guys play!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Depth Chart drop.