USS Salt Lake City uniforms

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

That was a nice little backstory; I can’t say I have heard much about the USS Salt Lake City. The jersey setup is nice as well.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I didn’t know about this story either, and I’m an ex-Navy guy.  I do remember one time back in the early 1990s being issued TAD orders to the USS Salt Lake City, but THAT ship was a Los Angeles class nuclear submarine.  I didn’t know there was another one before it.  Very interesting story.

But what was the point?  Is that going to be our uniform next week vs. Weber St?  Or is that what we’ll be wearing on 9/11 vs. the tdS?  Sounds like a great uniform to wear against Navy, but we’re not scheduled to play them — not in this year, nor any seasons in the future.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

We always have 1 home game each year where we honor our troops…this year it’s scheduled for the Oregon game in November.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Pretty awesome uniforms.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Somebody call a vet because those puppies are SICK!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

For us vets, this is awesome. I didn’t know there was a USS SLC in WW2. I k ew about the Utah which sunk in pearl harbor. I also know there is a USS SLC Los Angeles class submarine currently in service, but I did not know this one. I love it.

Edit: the submarine is not in service currently.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Fire unis along with the background story. Had no idea about the history. Super cool.

Sorry if missed on the roll out and plan. Are these Unis being worn for the Weber State game then put on the shelf? Hopefully we see them a few times especially during a national broadcasted game.

Go Utes!

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

They will be worn for the Oregon game

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Oregon is the closest home game to veterans day so that makes sense.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Gimmick uniforms look SICK in a hype video. Or maybe in a video game or something.

But do we really have to play a game in those things?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football USS Salt Lake City uniforms