Did the O pass the ‘eye test’ for you?

Viewing 8 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Overall, the O stats look great (except for the 4 turnovers and 5-14 on 3rd down conversion), but did the O pass the ‘eye test’ for you? What aspect of the O are you most concerned about?

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

3rd down conversion.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Same for me. Then again, I’m always nervous about our 3rd down situations.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Run blocking.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I was a bit disappointed in the OL not controlling the Line of Scrimmage.
      We will see if that improves in game 2. Turnovers are also a concern.
      Over-all we played like I expected and pretty much controlled the game.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Yes, could absolutely use improvement on the OL.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Looks like we really miss Capra. Right side was soft.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

What are you talking about, Capra was shown as being in the starting lineup on the video board before the game. Apparently we spent all our production effort on designing elephants for Ivory Homes first downs instead of ensuring the starting lineup was correct – or at least didn’t include a player who is out for the year.

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

Not overly impressed. Notably early, the two series before Moss’s 86 yard run, in the second; a 3-and-out, followed by a four-and-out was tough to watch (four Moss runs, 9 yards). However, I am pretty confident Utes will use the next ten days, and be far more ready for NIU.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

True that. We are only bound to get better. This was a much better start compared to 2017.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

It’s kind of weird for me.  Aside from the turnovers things looked kind of ho-hum, but then when you actually check the box score and see that we threw for 293 on 63% completion, ran for 294, gained 25 first downs, and put up 41 points it makes you look at it a little differently.  Our offense didn’t look flashy and at times looked very ugly and we weren’t scoring points in droves but when you look at the stats that’s the definition of chipping away.  Even though it didn’t look pretty if Utah plays like that on offense and the defense plays the way it did last night then we’re going to win a lot of games running away.

When I look at it like that I think “wow, they were really good,” but some of the negatives were glaring.  They’re correctible, but we have some quality opponents coming up quick.

1 2

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Offensive line could not stop penetration…
      Huntley was over-charged and airing balls out…
      I wish we’d mix it up and do some under center instead of so much read option…
      But all in all, this game did what it was supposed to do. Their defense kicked us in the face, and we recovered and got back on track. Great prep for NI.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

looks like the exact same mediocre offense we’ve been saddled with for the last decade

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Lots of reasons. Practice, tape, practice, etc. 

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Did the O pass the ‘eye test’ for you?