Did Utah meet its needs in Portal

Viewing 5 reply threads

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Good read. I wonder if the receiver Coach Whitt referenced is Trejan Bridges? Seems likely to me.
      Did the Utes meet their needs in the transfer portal

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

The Dean of Students at Utah denied Bridges. So, that’s a no on Bridges, from what I’ve read.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I don’t think we can say for sure at the moment. I think we got one guy at the 4 positions mentioned in the article who will DEFINITELY help us in Singer. The others are all promising additions that will likely be good depth pieces at the very least.

We haven’t picked up a solid backup QB at this point, but that honestly seems like kind of an unreasonable thing to hope for. I doubt any of the proven QBs in the transfer are there with the hopes of finding a spot behind a firmly entrenched starter. IMO, if we add a QB, it won’t be someone with any kind of meaningful proven record.

No, I have not thought any of this through.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I’m most excited about Anthony Woods at running back. I think he has huge upside and toughness.

https://x.com/therealutahutes/status/1737333893643256145?s=20

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

He sure laid the Wood there at the end.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Bridges is NOT coming to Utah. Dean of students will NOT let him in. There is nothing Whit or Harlan or anybody can do about it.

If the charges against him were dropped he’d be here but they weren’t. He pled guilty and did some kind of time and is on probation. The DOS is not the only higher up at Utah that is putting the kibosh on Bridges.

How would it look to bring someone who was just arrested for a violent crime involving a gun after the Lauren McCluskey, and Aaron Lowe deaths from guns……not good.

Good luck to him and time to more on.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Exactly…I thought the same thing and said so once I read that Bridges had been denied. I think that the administration took a long look at Bridges’ situation and decided that the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze. It might have been different if Bridges had committed what’s colloquially known as a “victimless crime” like shoplifting but he didn’t. The blowback from a potential relapse by Bridge, and any possible ensuing litigation, probably made him radioactive.

AZUTE
          Ute Fan
          @azute

I was told that the terms of his probation is pretty extensive and he might have difficulty meeting those terms.

The last thing Utah needs is him violating those terms and having him arrested mid season.

Just best to move on. Some other team that hasn’t had the gun violence Utah has will take him.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Totally agree… with all of the outside distractions and incidents that Utah has had recently, the last thing we need is another athlete having personal issues. Bridges is probably better off going to some high profile FCS program like Montana or South Dakota State…you know, places where the atmosphere is much more slow paced and there’s less potential for malfeasance. If he produces there and stays out of trouble, the NFL will still find him.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Anthony woods seems like he will be a stud. At least at RB 2

Bernard is our RB 1. While he isn’t as talented as Jackson. He is more important IMO from blocking, to running hard, catching the ball
      Out of the back field etc.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Did Utah meet its needs in Portal