Didn’t catch the game tonight, but saw the box score that Jayce J. had more min

Viewing 2 reply threads
      3 1

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

than Collete. Curious if Collete was hurt or in foul trouble or if Jayce is a better option because of his defense and rebounding?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Collette was not injured as far as I know.  Jayce got 9 boards in 22 minutes while Collete got 6 in his 19 minutes.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Jayce 6 points, Collete 4 points

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

And they were the two biggest guys on the court.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

A bit of early foul trouble kept Collette on the bench for much of the first half.   Had a rather dubious blocking call against him that easily could have been a block on the Wazzou player.  Guys in stripes seemed to have a rough game with players and coaches on both squads showing frustration at times.  Franks (for Wash St) got T’d in the second half after getting hammered by Rawson without getting a call and saying something to the officials. 

But as far as our bigs go, Jayce is starting to look better out there and showing some of his potential.   And he is a far better rebounder than Dave is.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

I guess I should have known that.

Staples
          Ute Fan
          @staples

That Collette call was bogus considering it was essentially the exact same play as the charge they called on Tillman earlier in the game. It’s either a charge both ways or a block both ways. That being said, I have to imagine that he has a reputation among the refs of being a flopper which probably doesn’t help him with the 50/50 calls. Franks didn’t have much of an argument according to the TV replay, didn’t look like Rawson hit him. The first Tech they called on Wazzu seemed pretty dubious, didn’t look like he did much. Guess he said one of those magic words.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Unfortunately, neither has really been impressing this year.  I keep hoping one of them will take the preverbial step forward, but it just hasn’t happened yet.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Of much greater concern should be, where is Jakob Jokl in all this? If he can’t outrebound Collette or Johnson, I fear we may have a flop on our hands. He was supposed to be the next great Larry K big man.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Don’t know about Jakub, but usually the response about why a promising guy is not getting playing time is that their defense has been lacking during practice.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Didn’t catch the game tonight, but saw the box score that Jayce J. had more min