Will I need ESPN+ for Utah football and what’s the best route to get it?

Viewing 8 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I noticed the Mighty Poo Poo men’s basketball team was playing Houston, both ranked, on ESPN+ last night while lesser BIG12 games were on ESPN2. So, who has ESPN+, and how are you accessing it? I noticed you can bundle with Disney+ and Hulu…but just curious where people are using it and how it’s been for you.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

I have bundled Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+. I pay about $27 a month. I use an AMEX Blue Everyday card and they give me like $7 back for the bundle plus 6% cash back.

I had Hulu before, then added commercial free. I got Disney+ for the kids right before it came out and got it for like $4/mo for 2 years by paying up front. But had to wait for that to expire to bundle.

I think you can get each separately, ESPN+ for $10/mo? I really don’t use it that much but do read some articles that are firewalled behind it. Of course, will use it more if that’s where the games are. Right now, I just don’t get to watch any PAC12 games.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Have had ESPN+ for a while now mainly for English football (FA and EPL cup matches) as well as lots of other sports. Purchased a smart TV last year so I don’t have to tie up a device (phone or tablet) casing to the TV.

Utah fans very much will need ESPN+ for a lot of Ute action next season. Pretty much all the events that are bypassed by the big channels that are now on the PAC12 network will be on ESPN+. I noticed many of the Big12 football games this last year were on ESPN+ as well as most of their hoops games.

On a side note, heck of a game in the battle of the Cougars last night. Hard to ever like BYU, but wish our fans and student body had that kind of support. Our fans are enthusiastic, but just aren’t that many of us in the seats.

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

I get it with my Fubo. I think even the base subscription that includes ESPN and ESPN2 have it automatically. I can watch directly from the ESPN app (or I think the Fubo App) which is handy when I am out and about or my wife and I are watching something else on the TV. There is pretty much an available app for every technology so I have it installed on Samsung TV/Apple TV/FireStick/iPad/iPhone…

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

What’s it listed under on fuboTV?

I have fuboTV, but never realized I had it…..Unless it’s just not part of my subscription.

ryynoo
          Ute Fan
          @ryynoo

Honestly when I read this thread I went and looked at mine and all the lineups and couldn’t see any reference. But I logged into the ESPN app with my provider and it seems to work for all the games. Try it out.

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

I logged in on the ESPN app & it still asked if I wanted to subscribe.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
        Ute Fan
        @thirtyfour-thirtyone

Nice. I’m trying to find the cheapest/easiest way to bundle espn+ with a streaming cable service that has ESPN, Fox-sports, etc. I’ll check out the Fubo options in August.

Not to go all dystopia membrane, but I do follow a Big Sky team closely, and that conference is all on ESPN+, as are many NHL games, so that will be a “+” at least.

I am starting to get flashbacks of trying to get a sports-bar to find “The Mountain” on their satellite package.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

I think pretty much in about 5-10 more years about 90% or more of programming (not just sports) will be streaming and probably even be that cable/satellite companies will go the way of the dinosaur.

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

I ended up getting ESPN + for 10.99 a month directly from ESPN. Can access on phone/computer/TV and get the extra articles. Did not want to do it but was the only way I could watch the D2 football playoffs and many European soccer games. I think it is worth it.

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

I just looked again and it doesn’t look like I have ESPN+. I’m going to email Fubo and see if there is way to ask since their help says both you get it and don’t get it….

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

You have to log into the ESPN app with your service provider (FUBO). It won’t show up on your channel line up

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Either just subscribe to it directly or if you already pay for Disney+ or Hulu. Just do the bundle. The bundle is easily the best value option. I, for one, am happy that we’ll have games regularly on ESPN or ESPN+.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I get ESPN+, Hulu, and Disney+ included with my Verizon cellphone plan. The bundle just showed up a few years ago (I never requested it) and it’s never gone away.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Is this on your phone or can you get it to the TV?

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

It’s on all of my smart TVs, phone and tablets. As I said, I never asked for it…it just showed up on my account a couple of years ago and it’s worked out great.

UTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @utute

I also get the Disney bundle “free” with Verizon. Works out great since Verizon is what works for me.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Will I need ESPN+ for Utah football and what’s the best route to get it?