Dos Questions for ya’ll about the OC

Viewing 3 reply threads

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

We’ve seen rumblings about who Whit went after early on… and now we’re seeing rumblings of who he may be going after.   

The questions are these; what would you have done different than what Whit has done and what should he do now?

IMHO, he shot for the proverbial stars and struck out.  Now he’s trying to get the best of what’s left.  Just trying to get a grasp of this.  

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Exactly. This season, he tried. That’s all you can ask for. Sark is going to NFL, he tried for Rich Rod. Mike McCoy is an NFL guy. A few on here will never be pleased. Ludwig has had a decade to evolve and has done fairly well as OC in the best conference in college football.

2 4

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Whit should have never started the OC carousel and he should never have gone with Co-OCs. Ever.

Speaking for the here and now, Whit should have gone after these big names. Now that he has missed on them, he needs to keep searching. Settling for Ludwig or Harding or some other mediocre OC is going to yield the same results he has always gotten. Go after UW or WSU’s QB coaches. Go after Houston’s or BSU’s OCs. Go get someone who has been successful running an offense or at the very least has been part of running a successful offense.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Facts that show he created the carousel as you allege?  Ludwig is wanting to come back doesn’t fit the narrative anymore?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I agree. I don’t see anything wrong with how Whitt has handled it. I’m just not excited about a Lidwig hire.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

Hopefully Lidwig blows the lid off on offense. 

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

Looking at the numbers, I guess for a lack of a better term, surprised me.  His O wasn’t explosive, but I wonder how much of that was on BJ’s ability.  BJ was not a great QB, but was a play maker.  

Can I  say I’m over the top thrilled?  No.  But I think, especially with the talent we have, we will do fine offensively.  We will not lead the Pac in total O, but we will in rushing O.  So i think this is a good hire.  Great, no, but definately good.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dos Questions for ya’ll about the OC