Doubling Carrington

Viewing 5 reply threads
      6 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Football has traditionally been 10 vs 11. With the new QB’s and their running ability, it becomes more 11 on 11.

Lets say you double Carrington. That extra player has to come from somewhere.

Normally, you take that extra player off the LOS, right? 5 OL vs 4 DL.

So, if you double Carrington every play, you go one on one with the other 2 WR’s. You put a LB on the TE. You put a LB on the RB. You put a S on the QB.

That leaves the offense line with a 5 on 4 advantage.

Utah takes that every day of the week. You put Carrington to one side, RPO to the other, one on one matchups with OL advantage. That’s unstoppable.

My point? With the running QB you can’t just “double Carrington” and expect to have success. The matchups don’t work that way. Heck, with a running QB, you can’t blitz AND double anyone. A running QB limits a lot of what the defense can do.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Isn’t this situation where the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR calls some kind of play that exploits the defense? Make them pay for it.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Stop it with your sexy talk

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I’m still sad there’s no one is the loneliest number video for that singleton vs ASU td.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Carrington is a program changer type of player, with Huntley’s athleticism almost feel bad for UND-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGdLVRw1gJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlvgYuSp6Bw

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Carington=Amazing

Oregon Uniforms=💩

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Troy Taylor despite never coaching at the D1 level already has me way more confident that he will recognize this simple numbers game. It has been a long time coming Ute fans.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

EWU is D-1. And Troy played in the NFL for 2 years then coached as an assistant in D-1 schools for almost 7 years before becoming a HS coach. He coached at Cal and Colorado.

I agree, he has me as excited about the Offense as I was when Urban Meyer came to town.

perceptionate
      Ute Fan
      @perceptionate

Wow. Well thought out. Carrington seems poised to have an incredible season then (assuming no double team as a result). I’m happy Whitt didn’t let Carrington’s career get screwed over bc of a stupid mistake.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I knew Carrington had hands and was athletic, but wow. Sweet highlight reel. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Doubling Carrington