Early odds

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Utes by 7

Oregon by 4.5

It was interesting yesterday with the Utes up 4 with 19 seconds left.  Some suggested that the Utes should try to run as much time off the clock as possible on 4th down instead of taking a chance of a blocked field goal.  Then the Utes would have not beat the point spread.  With 82% of the money bet on the Ducks, I’m sure the boys in Vegas were pleased that the Utes went for the field goal.  

32utahutes
      @32utahutes

The lines I saw for the Oregon game started at 3.5 and went down to 3.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The Oregon defense was inconsistent at best. I think outscoring ASU is the best bet for a win.  They tend to be better at home as someone else said. Is it senior night for Oregon?

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Yes, it’s Oregon’s senior night

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Added emotion of Herbert’s last game.  I know their RB went down and they lost LT I believe in our game. 

I would rather it end this week and the Utes can play easy for the Turds game.  

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Where do you get your information about % of money bet on each team? To my knowlege that information isn’t publically available. Why would a book allow that kind of exposure.  The numbers don’t add up at -4.5 and -110 / +140. 

Books always win. I don’t think “vegas” cared one way or anyone about the kick.  

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I am not a gambler, so I don’t know much.  But, it was posted on one of the boards I visit that the final line was 5 and 82% of the bets were for Oregon. Someone I watched the game with brought up Vegas being pleased that the Utes scored.  But, honestly I don’t know how it all works. Just passing along what I heard. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

The line started at Utah -3.5.  Then it moved up to -5.  Lines move when a large amount of money is bet on one team. So if a lot of money was bet on Utah, the line would move to entice bettors to bet on Oregon with the goal of having a 50/50 split on each side. If our line moved to where Oregon was getting more and more points, then more money was bet on Utah.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Wazzu was a 6 point favorite last week in boulder. FWIW. Matchups matter though 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.