Entering the portal closed on January 2nd

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Players cannot enter the portal now until this spring. How will this affect UW players transferring to Bama and Arizona players transferring to UW?

Obviously, a kid can hold out until spring. But, I don’t think he can enroll or play in Spring ball if he has not already entered the portal. Will this mean that there will not be a huge number of players leaving UW or Arizona?

NashvilleTNUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilletnutefan

If a head coach leaves, players get a 30 day window where they can freely enter the portal regardless of the standard portal window. I expect we’ll see mass exoduses from both programs

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Yeah… this haha.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Exactly, there’s going to be a mass Exodus from both schools. I fully expect Arizona and Washington to bomb next season, especially Arizona.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yeah, I forgot about the rule when your coach leaves. I doubt Bama will need many guys from UW. But, guys leaving AZ could be huge.

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Isn’t there a rule where az and Bama players now have 30 extra days to go into the portal?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Entering the portal closed on January 2nd